“Cute pub, food was okay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Keegan's Grill on Camelback

Keegan's Grill on Camelback
3114 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016-4502 (Formerly Keegan's Grill & Taproom) (Camelback East)
602-955-6616
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #492 of 2,426 Restaurants in Phoenix
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Cute pub, food was okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

We have been going to this place for many years. It used to be wonderful! Now it is just good. Food is good, service is good, atmosphere is great and location is great. But the food used to be so much better! I would still recommend it though. Friendly place.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“A good all-around, great American, local restaurant you can't go wrong at...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

It's hard to not give Taylor's anything less than 5 stars -- I've eaten there no less than 50 times in the past 5 years. The friend who I go there the most with has been going there for at least 20 years, and says it used to be a great restaurant and watering hole back in the day, whole currently it's mostly frequented by seniors as well as a local dedicated crowd.

That's true, as every time we go to eat there we feel like we're the youngest people eating there, or close to it, and we're in our fifties (maybe that's old to you, the reader!). Either way, a lot of people go to eat there, which is a good sign that their food and quality are kept top notch, and the staff is usually as nice as you'd hope for.

The menu's basically American style, great steaks, daily specials, and great salads too. I can honestly say I've never had a bad (or even iffy) meal there, and besides going with my girlfriend, we meet a lot of friends there when we feel like going out locally. The bar's almost the same square footage as the dining area, and it's always a great, quiet mix of people -- probably all locals.

It's just a great all around American-style restaurant like I was saying, and again, I've never had anything but a satisfying meal there. I'm sure once you go, you'll be a repeat customer.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona
“great variety, delicious food, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

This place has everything in a casual restaurant! The menu is very eclectic with a wide variety of entrees and appetizers with a good selection of beer and wines. They also always have a daily special. After starting with a Firecracker Shrimp appetizer-just spicy enough, I ordered a Greek Shrimp Capellini-delicious mix of shrimp-angel hair pasta, atichoke hearts tomatoes etc.. My friend ordered the Mealoaf with brown gravy special-2 large pieces and my daughter the Panko fish and chips-delicious in malt vinegar with a side of cole slaw. All of the entree portions are really good size and we all ended up taking home doggie bags! I have been here several times and the service is always great even though it's a busy place. The waitress was able to substitute a salad for my friends' side special for just 50 cents extra. In the past , I usually have ordered the Grilled Flatiron steak which is so flavorful. This restaurant never disappoints !

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, AZ
“The Best Quesadilla Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

Keegan's is known for their steaks, but I'm a huge fan of their Chicken Quesadilla! My co-worker and I pair it with one of their many wonderful salads, then split the meal for a perfect-sized lunch. It's a great place not only for lunch, but dinner or happy hour, as well; although, I've mostly been there during the lunch hour. In winter, when the temp isn't in the triple digits, my friends and I prefer the fresh-air atmosphere of their patio seating ... indoors, it's dark woodwork and black leather booths — a steakhouse atmosphere that's very cozy in the winter months or during monsoon season. It's not a "fancy" restaurant, so tourists should feel welcome to "come as you are." I highly recommend Keegan's to everyone — check it out!

phoenix
“my favorite neighborhood place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2007

I go to Keegan's about once a week, sometimes more. It is my favorite place to dine; the atmosphere is casual, the drinks are excellent, and the food...outstanding. The filet mignon is my favorite choice; and at 16.95, who could pass this up. The meat is tender, it's seasoned perfectly, and it's ALWAYS prepared exactly the way I ask. The choice of sides is left to your discretion, and every one of them is superb! If you wish to modify your dish, this is not an issue. Always outstanding service, I highly recommend this place!