“Callaghan Vinyards Wine Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Farm at South Mountain

Farm at South Mountain
6106 S 32nd St, Phoenix, AZ 85042-4810 (South Mountain)
+1 602-276-6360
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Healthy
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Mountain
“Callaghan Vinyards Wine Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I were scheduling a visit to our condo in Phoenix and I did some rescearch on wine events there during our time in Phoenix. Low and behold, I found the notice for Kent Callaghan's wine dinner on May 16, 2013. I called from our current home in MI and made a reservation. Callaghen Vinyards is the premier boutique vinyard in the state of AZ and has been served on no less than three occassions for State Dinners at the White House. My wife has traveled to the corners of AZ in her Community Foundation career and has been visiting and buying wine at Kent's vineyard for some 20 years. Needless to say, it was a wonderful stroke of luck that our research locates this wonderful event.
Interestingly enough, we had both lived in Phoenix a number of years and had never dined at The Farm although I was aware of its location and reputation. There were guests filling two long tables, maybe 30 of us. Some had been there many times, others never before. Kent and Chef described what we were about to experience while we sipped our first tastes of a special white wine. All five courses of food were fresh, well prepared and delicious. The company was warm and friendly. A wonderful experience, indeed.
But if you didn't notice, I thought Kent and his excellent wines stole the show.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Phoenix, Arizona
“We went when it was still in the 80's and sat outside.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Really wonderful setting, a community farm with all organic growing. Indoor and outdoor restaurants from casual picnic style to formal and weddings. Saturday farm market. Gift shop.
Lots of walking. Where sensible shoes. We saw animals and kids who seemed to be welcomed. Salads were fantastic. Self service with healthy choices at the entrance to the farm.
You pay for quality but it is worth it as it is locally and sustainably grown. Ample parking across the road. South of the airport. We had a bit of trouble finding it because many streets do not go
through. Take 24th or use GPS.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maricopa, Arizona
“Pecan tree grove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I never ate at their café tucked down the road but I like the salads and pastries offered at the entrance to the farm. I have never tasted a better scone than the last baker use to make. I haven't tried one since but their pies are still good.

Singapore
“breakfast is excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Farm fresh breakfast. Self serve coffee which is really nice so you can start your cup before looking at a menu.

Visited February 2013
San Tan Valley, Arizona
“The setting is worh it. A gem in the city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The sandwich and soup were very good. The bread was awesome and to eat surronded by flowers and trees was a bonus. They had lots of umbrellas to ward off the sun and you can also eat under the pecan trees on one of many picnic tables. A very relaxing lunch well woth your time.

Visited May 2013