“Great tasting food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Szechwan Palace

Szechwan Palace
668 N 44th Street, Suite 108, Phoenix, AZ 85008 (Camelback East)
602-6850888
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Paramus, New Jersey
“Great tasting food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

The food and the service were excellent. Well priced and a very extensive menu. Their lunch menu was great and the prices were excellent

Visited November 2014

san diego, ca
“Authentic Chinese Food in Phoenix”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

When you walk into a chinese restaurant and observe that 95% of the diners are asian, that's probably a good indicator that the food is good; and it was. This is REAL chinese food. Substantial menu, moderately priced, informal setting. Restaurant is located in the Chinese Cultural Center on 44th St. Certainly worth a visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Amazing ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2014

My wife and I were staying across the street and the hotel staff recommended we try this place.

I am so happy that we listened. This was some of the best Chinese food that I have outside of China.

When you eat at an ethnic restaurant and 90% of the customers are of the same nationality then you know it's really good.

My wife and I ordered off the Chinese menu which kind of surprised the staff. They were afraid we wouldn't like it. They could not have been more wrong.

We ordered the duck that had been smoked with tea leaves. It was really really good. My only comment is that it was super crispy. That's the only thing that could have made it better. We also ordered the sweet and sour pork ribs. It's hard to describe how great they were. We also ordered the Szechuan noodles. This was the first time I had ever tried them and now I am hooked. The only problem will be finding them in SC.

I will make a point to eat here again when I come back to Phoenix.

Concord, New Hampshire
“Authentic Chinese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

This place was just across the stree from our hotel. Most of the clientele were Asian. The menu was substantial with large numbers of dishes. Having lived in Taiwan I am always looking for real Chinese food. We had some steamed buns that were some of the best I have ever had. The prep time was around 20 minutes but well worth the wait. The time means they were made from scratch. Also the hot spicy fish mixed with heaps of hot peppers, garlic and ginger were magnificent. The service was great. Our server commented that we had chosen some very traditional foods. Wish this place was near us. This will make our local food seem so unauthentic having been reminded of how good the real deal is. I chuckled when I got to the last three pages of the menu that had at the top of the menu said Americanized Chinese food

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, AZ
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Came for a quick dinner and we were very satisfied. We needed a good local place to have Chinese fare and this was a home run! We thought we would do well to try something in the Chinese Cultural Center, and we were correct. They have a full Chinese menu and then an "Americanized" menu. We stuck with "safe" foods this time but will likely be a little more adventurous in future trips. This was the best hot n sour soup I have ever enjoyed. We will be stopping in here again, to be sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere