“Good, Not Great” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Transit: Kincaid's is located on the second level of the Collier center, just across the street from the convention center, Light Rail and walking distance from downtown hotels.
Description: Phoenix Kincaid's last day of Business: Saturday, July 18, 2015. Hope you can join us soon... and THANK YOU, PHOENIX, for 14 wonderful years!
Chicago, Illinois
“Good, Not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had dinner in a party of four while in town for a convention. Kincaid's has a sort of clubby, steakhouse feel to the dining room. Service was excellent. Menu prices were steakhouse high. Wine list was not large, but had some interesting bottles and was not grossly overpriced (as is the case with many of the steakhouses with which Kincaid's appears to compete). They also had several good microbrews on tap. Overall, food was pretty good, but not great -- my lamb chops were decent, but not memorable. Others felt pretty much the same way about the steaks and seafood. This is a good place for downtown Phoenix (which is not a bastion of fine dining), but won't knock your socks off. The comfortable dining room and excellent service takes the rating from Average to Very Good.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hello,
My name is Kristal Leeder. I am the General Manager of Kincaid’s in Phoenix. We pride ourselves on delivering great food and service to each and every Guest. I am so sorry to hear that you were not all that impressed with our food, but truly appreciate your kind comments about our dining room, wine list, and – most importantly – service. Thank you for your comments – we hope to see you back at Kincaid’s next time you are in Phoenix!

Sincerely, Kristal

North Carolina
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This restaurant was a terrific choice for a Saturday night dinner. There were eight of us and the server, Adam, handled everyone extremely well. He answered questions and provided helpful suggestions. The food was very good and well presented. This restaurant is highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words!
We love to hear when our Guests are happy and Adam will be thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your dinner on Saturday.
We hope to see you back soon!

Kristal Leeder, General Manager
Denver, Colorado
“Friendly staff, good happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stopped at Kincaids for a beverage, maybe a light dinner. The bar staff was very friendly and accommodating. I finally ordered the chicken wings and-oh my-they were some of the best wings in recent memory, and a huge portion. Would come back for these two reasons alone.

Visited April 2014
Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words on Trip Advisor! We are always happy to hear when our Guests enjoyed their visit with us.

We hope to see you back soon!

Kristal Leeder, General Manager
Hollywood, Florida
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The menu offered plenty of choices, but none that jumped of the page as amazing. Preparation average

Visited March 2014
Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Hello,

My name is Kristal Leeder. I am the General Manager of Kincaid’s in Phoenix.

I am sorry to hear that you were not impressed with our menu or our presentation. We strive to deliver great options and wonderful preparation for all of our Guests and I am sorry that we disappointed you.

We do change our core menu a few times a year, and our chef’s features at least once a year. I hope that we will see you back and be able to deliver the experience we pride ourselves on.

Kristal
TUCSON
“Except for front desk, restaurant meets expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were part of open table and went on a Saturday evening at 5:30. We were part of the first to come and the restaurant seating was wide open. The person seating us put us at a bench that was dirty and wet and not a nice area or view as we asked for. She blatently said "I will have to check with the front desk". Why, noone was there nor were there reserved signs on the table we asked for. The waitress was nice enough to reseat us when she saw we were not happy and that the table I had been seated at was dirty.
The food was nice but the scallops over spinach was a bit sad. The spinach was so little you could hardly see it and it was just thrown on the plate and not nicely fixed under the scallops.
However, our server was excellent. I am not sure that I would rush to go back to Kincaids. It seems they have their own local crew and they don't even try to get friendly with anyone new. We are from Tucson and sad to drive 2 hrs and not have the best experience. They could use some help in how to treat people.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello,

My name is Kristal Leeder. I am the General Manager of Kincaid’s in Phoenix. I saw your review on Trip Advisor and want to apologize for the disappointing experience we provided. We pride ourselves on delivering great food and service to every Guest – every time and I am embarrassed we let you down. I am especially sorry that you feel we didn’t treat you well and that we are unfriendly. It is painful to me that this is the impression that we made.

I would like to try and make it up to you if it’s not too late. If you don’t want to return, I completely understand. But, if you are willing to give us a second chance, please reply to this Email with your mailing address. I would like to send you a Guest Card for a return visit so that we can have another opportunity to provide the experience we pride ourselves on.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Kristal