“Seriously?” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid's Classic American Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #321 of 2,595 Restaurants in Phoenix
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Transit: Kincaid's is located on the second level of the Collier center, just across the street from the convention center, Light Rail and walking distance from downtown hotels.
Description: Today's Interpretation of a Traditional Fish, Chop and Steakhouse; Only Kincaid's recalls the simpler place and time of the Great American Fish, Chop and Steakhouses. Visitors become lifetime guests because Kincaid's recalls the warmth, memories and flavors they know and love. At Kincaid's, Guests savor their dining experience and enjoy wonderfully reasonable prices as well. Kincaid's. Welcome Home.
Fulton, MD
“Seriously?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Yesterday evening we were 5 people for dinner at Kincaids. We sat outside which was lovely. Here attending a meeting at the convention center and loving the weather after a long miserable winter in the east.
While the setting and location are excellent, the food and service were awful. Tired after a long day we waited for a very long time to get water, a bottle of wine and order our food. Salads, almost all lettuce, were mediocre. Main courses were big disappointments. I ordered the snapper which was highly recommended by our server. Awful. Rubbery texture and over cooked. Tiny portion which was ok because I couldn't even eat the portion I got. My wife ordered roasted chicken and what she got was breaded chicken breast. Also over cooked and rubbery.
Wine list is pretty good and not overpriced.
Kincaids is not worthy of a second visit. Sorry.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello Jay,

My name is Kristal Leeder and I am the General Manager of the Kincaid’s in Phoenix. I want to apologize for the disappointing dinner you had with us last week.

You are absolutely right – that evening was a really rough shift. We take great pride in delivering great food and service to every Guest – every time - and I am embarrassed that our issues affected your experience.

I do hope that it’s not too late for us to make this up to you. If you would please Email me at kleeder@r-u-i.com with your name and mailing address so that I can send you a Guest Card for a return visit, I would appreciate it. The card is good at any of our locations (you can see them at www.r-u-i.com) , but I do hope that you make it to Phoenix again someday soon and would allow us to have another opportunity to provide the experience that we pride ourselves on.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the Phoenix Kincaid’s team. Please know that I take your comments to heart and will do everything I can to make sure that a situation like this does not occur again.

Kristal

Sewickley, PA
“Not bad for downtown Phoenix”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Eight of us were here for dinner this evening. We've eaten at a number restaurants in the immediate area and this was the best of the lot. Quiet and comfortable, it had a more relaxed and nicer feel than the others, and the food was better. Excellent baked Brie as an appetizer. Those who opted for the salmon (half of the group) liked both the fish, which was wild and not farm raised, and the preparation, very much. Two of us had the recommended sea salt crusted prime rib (something I eat about once a year) and it was good but not great, mainly because it came out lukewarm albeit otherwise properly cooked. Call it 6 out of 10 for the meat, with another point deducted for not being hot enough. The pear bread pudding was a hit. I debated about giving it a four, but decided it was in comparison with the other places in the area, and I did like our very polite waitress.

Visited March 2014
Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hello,
My name is Kristal Leeder. I am the General Manager of Kincaid’s in Phoenix. I wanted to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor – I appreciate the kind comments you made regarding your experience with us (The Brie and Bread Pudding are my favorites too!) I am sorry that we let you down with the Prime Rib though. I will be sharing your comments with our Executive Chef to make sure that we follow up and ensure that our Prime Rib is served at the correct temperature.

I would like to send you a Guest Card as an apology for the disappointing Prime Rib. If you would please Email me at kleeder@r-u-i.com with your name and mailing address, I would appreciate it. The card is good at any of our locations (you can see them at www.r-u-i.com) , but I do hope that you make it to Phoenix again someday soon and would allow us to have another opportunity to provide the experience that we pride ourselves on.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Kristal
Bellingham, Washington
“Dinner Conference Gathering ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We walked into Kincaids for an 8 person dinner after a short walk from the Phoenix conference center. Without a res we were happy to seat in the lounge, staff accomodated with pushing tables together. Speaking for my order, the Wedge salad was mediocre which is difficult to understand how so simple a salad could be less then good. My ribeye steak, ordered med-rare had good flavor, was under cooked & a bit tough. Another diner orderd a scallop dish, which when tasted by several we all agreed was superb. Wait staff was lackluster, slow to respond, we didn't get a second round, waited for check. Nice atmosphere, I'll try again as it could have been an off night.

Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hello,

My name is Kristal Leeder. I am the General Manager at Kincaid’s in Phoenix. I want to apologize for the disappointing dinner you had with us. We pride ourselves on delivering great food and great service to every Guest, and I am so sorry that we let you down. If I could get just a little more information from you, I would really appreciate it – the date/time you were in and/or your servers name would be really helpful so that I can follow up appropriately.

I also wanted to thank you for your nice comments about the scallops and atmosphere. I am happy to hear that you are willing to give us another try! I would like to send you a Guest card to use for your next visit. If you would reply with your mailing address, I would appreciate it. I would love to have another opportunity to provide the experience we pride ourselves on.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Kristal Leeder - GM
Manitoba
“Great hidden spot for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

This place is a gem! The salmon was incredible with grilled asparagus. The French onion soup was also very tasty. Would love to come back for dinner!
Highly recommend

Visited February 2014
Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
poli11,

You made my day with your lovely review! We are happy you enjoyed your lunch at Kincaid’s and hope to see you back soon!

Kristal Leeder, General Manager
Sedona, Arizona
“Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Our waitress was top notch and our food was spectacular. Kincaid's is now on our "must visit" list when we go to Phoenix.

Visited January 2014