I booked this place as I had meetings in downtown phoenix and didn't want the hassle of renting a car/parking, plus I was looking forward to saving some money.
Location- in relation to downtown- very easy to walk to downtown. Takes about 10 mins, straight down 1 road. Hotel itself is situated beside a shut down/abandoned business, and there are multiple older/run down businesses in the area. Not a "bad" neighborhood but not great. Not for walking back to your room after dark from downtown.
Updated headboard, modern TV with cable, updated tv stand, nice bathroom finishings.
Price- compared to other hotels in downtown, very discounted.
Free Wifi worked well, strong signal throughout, no problems.
Breakfast was your basic continental, with toast/pre packaged pastries/yogurt/waffles/cereal and apples that were obviously the cheapest in store, not washed and tasted like dry cardboard.
The room, although it appeared nice ...... was VERY dirty. Dirty as in, I could see the darkness/black in the carpet on the high traffic area. The carpet obviously had not been vacuumed in some time as there was bread crumbs, someone's earring backing, etc on the floor- not in hard to reach places but in obvious places, easily accessed by vacuum. Bed comforter had large circular brown stain on it as though someone carelessly placed a coffee cup perhaps?.... when I pulled down the covers to climb into bed, a HUGE (18" at least) long, black hair was in the white sheets. Pubic hair was on the towels in the bathroom. The bathtub probably could of used a solid scrub down. Hair found in bathtub.
Other inconveniences: Ironing board fell apart in my hands when taken off the wall for use. Curtains not sewn properly to blackout fabric, catches on a/c fan and blows out in to room, thereby breaching privacy. Lightbulb missing from lamp (lamp had 1 bulb out of 2 possible). One bulb out of three was burnt out in the bathroom.
Basically it comes down to if you want to save a lot of money and put up with these inconveniences and uncleanliness or pay more (double) for a room down the street at another hotel. Having spent hardly any time there other then sleeping, for me it was worth it. I might stay here again, although I will try to find a bargain elsewhere at a cleaner hotel first.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Phoenix Downtown Hotel Phoenix
- Super 8 Phoenix Downtown Hotel
- Super 8 Phoenix
- Super Eight Phoenix
- Phoenix Super Eight
- Phoenix Super 8
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This newly renovated property is located just minutes from the Phoenix Convention Center, Chase Field and the US Airways Center. 100% Smoke Free property. Full service quality at less than half the price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Super 8 Phoenix Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.