“Great Marriott Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott's Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge

Save Saved
You added Marriott's Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge to your Saves list
Marriott's Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5220 East Marriott Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85054 (Desert Ridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #20 of 176 hotels in Phoenix
Yarmouth, Maine
“Great Marriott Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We are owners here so, maybe a bit biased although we own elsewhere and wouldn't consider a visit there . This resort is great, well located, clean, picturesque and the service is good. We like Desert Ridge and it's location. Great shopping and restaurants nearby. Convenient to the airport...try Super-Shuttle.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Hertford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

My Husband and I traveled from England where we live in Hertfordshire, just outside London. It was our first stay in America and we loved it. Our stay in Canyon Villas, was very enjoyable, we did not use the Golf Course but our room overlooked the green and it was a lovely view. We only visited the main Hotel in the evening for Dinner, all the Restaurants were very good, we did rather prefer the Restaurant called Tuscany. They all did a Glutton free menu which was helpful to me as I have an Intolerance. The shuttle bus was good to use to go over to the main Hotel, but it was only about a 12 minute walk and we did walk back sometimes. We also had a ride back in one of the larger Golf Buggies which for me a 62year old English lady was great fun. The swimming pool at Canyon Villas was very nice and although on our last day, we ventured over to use the one at the main Marriott Hotel, and that was very nice too.
The Desert Ridge Market Place was, great too. We used the nice Shuttle buses to go over and sometimes we walked (25minute walk). We had the phone number of Reception and we were able to phone through from the Market place if we had walked over there, I think we confused the issue though when we walked as the driver did not know we had gone over, hence the phone call. The Shuttle go over to the Market every hour, I do not think many people walk over there. Detours was the tour people that Reception put us in touch with for our visit to Sedona, and also to Tombstone, they were very good. We used another driver, that Reception put us in touch with and I cannot praise this man enough, his first name was "Richard" and he was brilliant. Our holiday was very good.
We did accept the 90 minute sales talk, this was not forced on us at all, and for listening we were given a $100 voucher to spend in any of the Restaurants at the Hotel. As we live in England and not in America we would not buy into this holiday, (We 2 apartments we have bought into in Malta) Although we have bought a weeks holiday here, which we will enjoy again in 2013. I loved the scenery.
When we return, we will know to add another 2 hours to the 6 hours when we put our watches to Phoenix time. when we first arrived in Chicago, we put our watches back 6 hours. Phoenix are 8 hours behind us in England. For the first three days in Phoenix we wondered why none of your shops opened on time and the Pool Bar also. Looking forward to our Return in 2013 this time we will visit the Grand Canyon too.

Room Tip: We did find the tap water and the Ice did not help our tummy. I would use bottled water in future us...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed at the Marriott Villas mid-August of 2011 for three nights and was very impressed. A large 1 BR suite with all the kitchen/dining amentities as well as washer/dryer was perfect for our stay. We had sort of a mini family reunion and the staff made sure we were all in the same building and on the same floor. The hotel guest manager even called me a few days before our stay to make sure everything was set - we actually had to make a slight change which she handled efficiently and, with a follow up call; she also gave me some helpful hints about the area. I loved the location which has access to a major highway (101) and only about 1-2 miles to a huge mall (Desert Ridge Mall - I think?) with all sorts of restaurants, stores, movies and shops. The pool just outside our building was great for the family; but, most of the time, we used the oversized JW Marriott pool (just down the road) for the kids which had a slide, lazy river and great lunch snacks/drinks for everyone. A friendly and helpful staff at both the Villas and the JW. Definitely will return next year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

When we arrived at the Marriott, It was so clean and cozy outside, flowers so beautiful and lot's of color. We went to our room and put our bags down to unpack and decided that maybe we should take a drive to the store and maybe pick up dinner and some wine. Anyway we returned back to our room and I decided to take a refreshing shower. We decided to have dinner out on the patio. I could not beleive my eyes it was so warm and cozy .It was as tho we were sitting in our own back yard. Just the peice and quiet and even tho we were by the street you could not really here the traffic. Lets just say this is a trip I will never forget. So If you go to Phoenix and need some where to stay the Marriott's Canyon Villas is the place for you.Oh the first floor is the best for this home away from home stay.

Room Tip: First floor on the right corner, that was the best little spot all to your self.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

PROS

Large 2 BR, lots of nice touches, super clean, comfy beds. Stayed on top floor/end unit as advised by previous review here-- so no noise above. Tx for the tip!

CONS

Lots of walking & driving to get around complex .. not so fun in 115 degree weather! Had to call at 4 pm to get room cleaned...disappointing.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor so no noise above you.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Santiago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We were invited by some friends members of Interval and gave us the one bedroom, one bathroom unit. We simply loved it. The bed and pillows amazing after a long day out visiting Grand Canyon and surroundings. We were able to use the pool at the Marriott Hotel nearby which is really nice. Food and drinks very good as well. We are fans of Marriott vacation Clubs. We trully enjoyed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the small pool are quite!!
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Sayville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I just got back from a trip where I stayed at this property for a conference. For me it was a positive experience. The room was extremely clean, attractive and had everything I needed. The balcony had a nice view and let the sun in perfectly. I did get a chance to use the swimming pool and found it very refreshing. I noticed that they were a lot less children than I thought there would be. Maybe it was the time of year but it would make me hesitate to bring my two little ones there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Marriott's Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge? Share your experiences!