“My son had a blast! I was very pleasantly surprised!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #76 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
A TripAdvisor Member
“My son had a blast! I was very pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2006

My son and I visted last spring to warm up from a rather long snowy winter. I had never stayed at a Hilton, but the reviews were good and the price was great so I thought we would try it. I was very pleased with the room. It was clean, nicely decorated, had plenty of room and a small patio. The best part was I never heard my neighbors once! My son loved the pools. They were never very crowded and the staff had pool games they played with all the kids, while I relaxed poolside. The sister resort has a lazy river and putt-putt golf- you can hang out there as well. My son keeps asking to go back! I think we will!

• Stayed April 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Yuma, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2005

What a great time we had here. We stayed over July 4th weekend, and there was so much to do. The rooms were very cool. I just loved the way the hotel was snuggled into the mountains. Definately will stay here again!

Mystic, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2005

Been travelling a ton for business and we were booked in the Cliffs for a two night stay. I was put in an end suite that was tremendous, beautiful living room, bar, 2 bathrooms and a beautiful bedroom w/ small porch overlooking the valley.

Had room service the first night and food was great. pools were beautiful and clean, check in was flawless and service wa terrific w/ them driving me to my room in a van.

wish the wife and kids were w/ me.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
Kingston NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2005

We stayed at the Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort for 5 days and we were extreemly pleased with the room and facilities. The room was very spacious and clean, the pools were clean and inviting and never crowded, and the staff was extreemly pleasant and helpful in giving directions and making our stay very enjoyable. Point in Thyme restaurant was great. We loved the food (especially the breakfast buffets)and the service was extreemly nice.
I wish we had avoided the Different Point of View restaurant. The view is not all that great, especially if you are used to NYC skyline views, and we were initially seated behind a post which obsured most of the view anyway. When we asked to be moved, we were grudingly given a new table. The food is ok but very overpriced and the portions are tiny. We had to ask for bread twice and we filled up on that. My suggestion is avoid the restaurant and and the amaturish rude waiters and just go to the lounge or terrace for drinks and music.

• Stayed November 2005
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from Oct 23 - 26th. From the moment we arrived the customer service was excellent! At check in, the woman at the front desk suggested a couple of areas for us as to where our room could be located, so we choose to stay in the 2100 block - not in the main building but close enought to walk to the Falls pool area. This proved to be a perfect location for us. We easily got a parking spot in front of our building block each night. Our room was great, air conditioned, comfortable and decorated nicely. About 30 mins after we got into our room, a hotel worker stopped by to make sure everything was okay and whether we had any questions. I was very impressed with that.

We mixed our holiday with pool time at the Falls -- very nice there, some kids were playing in the pool, but hey, that's what kids do in a pool! Noted, it wasn't overly croweded there at this time of year, but that was just bonus for us. We also golfed at the Lookout course --which was beautiful and in great shape for October. We ate breakfast every morning at the Point in Thyme restaurant and thought the food was great and priced reasonably. We also had dinner at the Different Pointe of View our first night there. We drove up to the restaurant and the views were amazing! The food is pricey but worth every penny. Definitely not a kids restaurant.

I know that there have been some complaints about this place and I'm a very picky person too so I went there with fairly neutral feelings about the hotel. But, honestly, I think people complain just to hear themselves complain. If you are a person with limited mobility and don't like to walk around, then this obviously isn't the place for you, however, I'd hope that in this day and age, you'd have access to the internet to see that this hotel wouldn't be suitable in advance of going there. As well, the parking could be a problem I suppose, but again, if you don't mind walking from your spot, it's not a big deal.

This hotel definitely has the feel of an old spanish village, hacienda style with all of the narrow, winding roads. I found this to be charming.

The location of the hotel seemed reasonable to me as well. We got around fine, and found to give 20mins or so to get anywhere. We had planned to eat our meals at the hotel or near where we were sightseeing, so didn't find this to be a problem.

All in all, I would stay here again. We really enjoyed it. By the way, my husband and I are 30, and are fairly well travelled.

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2005

We stayed at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs over the July 4th weekend for the first time with two other families. The rooms here are quite large and perfect for families with children. Parking is a nightmare though. We rented a private poolside cabana for two days, which was great to have with small children. The pool area looks very nice and is clean, but this weekend it was completely overrun with people who were not guests of the hotel. We knoe this for a fact, as we learned this from the people directly. As a result, the poolside service they promised was dismal at best. On more than one occasion, we placed food and beverage orders and had to chase down the wait staff to find out where our orders were. Lunch on the first day took over an hour, only to have the wrong food arrive. It went on in this same vein for the remainder of the weekend, also at the other restaurants on the property. We made the mistake of ordering room service for breakfast one morning and by the time the food arrived, it was cold and we were missing items (like butter and syrup for pancakes). The staff kept offering apologies simply by informing us how busy they were.

I ended up writing a letter to the hotel, and I was sent a very nice response with a promise of a free room, if we would give them another try. We thought why not.

We visited over Labor Day weekend and it seemed much less crowded. They were checking names at the gate to the main pool/waterfall/slide area so non paying guests wouldn't be able to use the facilities. This was definitely a step in the right direction. We also rented a poolside cabana for the day. The day started out fantastic, but as soon as our waitress went off duty, we never saw another poolside attendant for the remainder of the day.

That evening there was a rain storm and as a result, the ceiling in the bedroom not only leaked extensively, large chunks of plaster started to fall on the bed! This was at 10:00 PM-not pleasant, especially as our children woke up at this point. It was impossible to sleep in the bedroom, due to the noise of the water dripping....something like water torture. We called the front office and they offered to send down a cot-which would do what, we wondered as there were 4 of us. We had to move to a new room, which for anyone traveling with small children, wasn't easy to do at that time of night, having to pack up all our belongings, etc.

The next day, they offered a $50 credit towards the room (we stayed an additional night beyond the previously comped room) and when I let them know that wasn't good enough given what we had been through the previous night, they agreed to give us the room for the night at no charge, plus the $50 credit toward food. I was pleased. Until we got our credit card bill and we discovered we were in fact charged for the room.

Long story short, they are claiming they never promised the free room as they would never have done such a thing-they only give small credit toward the total room bill itself. Given the fact this was our third such poor service experience at a Hilton property, we have since canceled our frequent traveler account with Hilton and would never use their properties again.

• Stayed September 2005
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2005

The Presidential Suites in the detached buildings are spacious, well appointed and very inviting. I can't speak for the rooms (suites) in the main building; however they've done it right when they built the detached buildings up the cliff and along hidden valley. We were in one of the buildings furthest away from the lobby and remainder of the resort and while the climb may look daunting it is worth every step The Hilton does provide intra-resort transportation between locations such as the lobby, restaurants, spa, pools and the suites.

The hotel boasts a number of pools, hot tubs, fountains, water slides and “The falls”. Ehjoy a cabana at the main or grotto pool and be pampered by your private cabana boy. We were situated near the “Sunset pool”, a small pool on the cliff with a hot tub and the concierge’s room. This is a wonderful place for a small group to gather for an intimate meeting, diner, etc.

Dining at the Tapatio is amazing. The “Point in Tyme” is a cozy location with an inspired chef. Dinner is indeed their best offering. But if you want the ultimate dinning experience, go to the top of the cliff for their French themed “Different Pointe of View”

• Stayed October 2005

Been to Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort? Share your experiences!