“Would stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Paradise Island
“Would stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Beautiful hotel in the mountains. Very reasonable. Wish I had time to explore more but the breakfast buffet was exceptional and good value for the money. Hope to stay there again in the future

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

RonSimon, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. Albeit a short visit, I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and will return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We decided to get away for a weekend and try out the Point Tapatio Cliffs. Being an all-suite hotel, and having an "adult only" pool made this decision easy. Unfortunately, on a "pool perfect" Saturday, they closed the "adult only" pool at 3pm to get ready for an event. I understand the hotel did this because someone was willing to pay big bucks to rent out the pool, but they made 25 or so people very unhappy. The other pools were swarming with kids, so this really put a "negative" on the weekend.

Other than this, it was a reasonably nice weekend. The service was excellent for the most part, especially at the adult pool (the bartender and waitress were GREAT). Our room was huge and relatively quiet, but it was in need of some renovation/touch-up work. Parking is a crap-shoot. We got lucky and were able to park on a flat surface next to our building, but others had to park a distance from the building on a very steep incline.

Also, if you have any issues with ambulation, this is not the place for you. It is very hilly and there are stairs everyplace. Even though there is a resort-side shuttle service, it was haphazard at best and one of the shuttle drivers just sat in his van while he watched us walk around for 10 minutes trying to find our building.

Would we stay here again? I am not sure. As a Hilton Gold member I try and stay at Hilton Hotels when possible. However, the negatives may have outweighed the positives here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I do apologize that the adult pool was closed for an event during one of the nights of your stay. We have 8 pools and typically one of the pools in the outlying areas is more quiet; similar to the adult pool. I appreciate and will share your compliment about the bartender and waitress. We value our Hilton Honors members and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Great meal at a point in thyme. Very good food and service. AJ our waiter was great- knew the menu and brought us everything we asked for quickly. We will be back. Wonderful resort great place to escape and relax.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you very much for your comments about our Pointe In Tyme restaurant. I will share your compliment with AJ. Anytime you need a place to “escape and relax” we’re ready to serve you.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This resort was a great get away for my husband and I. The views were breathtaking. The staff was very nice and professional. The food ad Pointe in Time was terrific!! Enjoyed restaurant week at Pointe in Time for two nights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us for your getaway. I’m happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the food at Pointe In Tyme. I will share your comment with the chef. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Phoenix area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was SO impressed with this resort. Every staff member greeted us and asked if we needed anything. The place was immaculately CLEAN. The bathrooms were all well maintained. The pool areas were clean and well stocked with towels. Our room was beautiful. Private, quiet, and clean. We loved all the food choices. Several restaurants to choose from and the room service was reasonable. Tremendous amount of hiking trails surround the resort. We wished we had rented a car, as you are 10 miles from downtown Phoenix and Scottsdale. A taxi cost approx. $35 each way so we only went in twice to cheer on the D-Backs!! I also used the spa. I would say my massage was just ok. I have worse and I have had better. I don't think I would go there again. This resort gets a two thumbs up from me!

Room Tip: They have mountain rooms for a little more in price. Not sure I would upgrade after being there. E...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. Your many compliments are truly appreciated. It’s great to hear that you had such a wonderful time filled with adventure in the hiking trails to cheering on our Diamondbacks. We hope to serve you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed in the Mountainside suites, and was flabbergasted by my view - I was literally steps away from the Tapatio cliffs, which provides sweeping views of Phoenix. My balcony overlooked the resort, and was a pleasant retreat after work hours. The food at Pointe in Time was expensive, but tasty, especially the Farmer's salad (yum, I had it twice!). Also, I made sure to take advantage of the multiple pools, especially during dusk - incredible.

The only rub - the service is not the best. The staff are friendly, but not overly helpful. My internet was down for an entire day, and they refused to reimburse me for it. One of the three days I was there, they didn't even tidy up my room until 4pm, at which point, it was too late, because I was already back. And yes, the rooms are hard to find, and the streets are narrow, but I actually found that to be quite quaint.

So....don't expect stellar service, but do expect a most unique experience - where else can you stay only steps away from a cliffwalk!?!?!

Room Tip: I LOVED the mountainside suites, but MAKE SURE you stay on the top floor, otherwise you'll end u...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RonSimon, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your review and the wonderful comments. I am disappointed to hear that you were unimpressed with the service of our staff. We have a reputation for having friendly and helpful staff and I am so sorry to hear that it wasn’t your experience. I hope we have a future opportunity to give you the level of service we strive to give each and every guest.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My company had a large business meeting at this hotel.

The front desk staff was nice when I pointed out an error when they tried to put me in a two double-bed room instead of a single king room. My room was right off of the main building, which was convenient. I thought the staff hosting the meeting were always helpful and courteous to attendees.

My room was okay. It did not seem up to the standards at other Hilton hotels. Some of the furniture had little dings, the towels were not great and it did appear a little old. It was not bad or unclean, but an update or two wouldn't hurt. The hotel had a separate living area and sleeping area with a large TV in each space.

The hotel surroundings offer several restaurants (had good experiences at both I ate at), pools, slides, cabanas, and a trail system. It was great to take a long walk up a mountain instead of working out on the treadmill.

If I were a person with disabilities or had trouble getting around, I would caution booking this hotel. There are several separate buildings, long walks, and hills. The hotel does offer a shuttle (who provided excellent service every time I used the shuttle), but it's nice to be able to do things on your own time instead of waiting on the shuttle. The staff make this hotel truly shine, but the design and rooms could have been better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate your taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that you found our service staff helpful during your company’s business meeting and that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Been to Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort? Share your experiences!