“Nice place- but I tried few amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #76 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, AZ
“Nice place- but I tried few amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

My friend and I stayed here on a staycation the 2nd weekend of December. The rooms were nice, and spacious. We stayed in a suite in the main building and really liked the central location to all the amenities. The resort charged an optional $2.25 per guest to use the amenities such as tennis court and fitness room. I thought this was an incredibly reasonable value. The fitness center was nice, but it seemed a bit small for the size of the resort. The in room coffee was delicious and all in all the rooms were a very nice value for the hotel price.

Staff was incredibly friendly and helfpul and I slept like a baby in the black-out curtained rooms!

My one complaine is that the location of the resort is a little off the beaten path if you are planning on hanging out in Scottsdale or visiting the busier parts of the city. It took us about 15-20 minutes driving out of the way to go do anything. The resort is perfect if you plan on staying, playing golf, or hiking around the area. Otherwise, I might suggest finding something a little more central.

Unfortunatley it rained a few days of our stay so we weren't able to check out the pool either.

I would try the resort again if a special was offered to stay there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
RonSimon, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us earlier this month for a little getaway. We very much appreciate your comments and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again. Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

My family and I have stayed at this resort several times and absolutely love it! We stay during the summer, so rates are VERY affordable (under $90 per night). The grounds are beautiful - with many, many pools. We prefer staying during the week when it's not nearly as crowded. The rooms are well cared for and quiet. Would definitely recommend this place! Clean, opulent, and beautiful!

Room Tip: The Cliffside Suites have an especially beautiful view off the patios.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very nice review. We have many guests that return year after year and I’m happy to hear that you’ve stayed with us several times. I hope that continues into a tradition for your family. Have a wonderful and safe holiday season.
Gray, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

We Pricelined for a great rate. Sadly sometimes when you utilize the bid sites the customer service reflects your use of an outside vendor. This was not the case at the Pointe. From check in to check out we had fantastic service from all members of the staff. Special kudos the the evening valet and the front desk staff.

Room service was prompt and delicious and the hot tub was great. Our room was not quite 5 star but it was clean and well furnished. I traveled with a family member who needs handicapped assistance and the Pointe was great with her. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I’m happy to hear that our staff provided you with fantastic customer service. Our goal is to provide that level of service to each and every guest. I will pass on your kudos to the evening valet, front desk staff, and room service. We hope you choose to stay with us again. Happy Holidays!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

The king suites are spacious and well appointed. The staff was helpful and friendly. The property is well maintained although the parking is a bit tricky is some areas of the hotel. The lobby is bright and welcoming. Nice resort for a reasonable price. Would love to go back for another visit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We hope you will have the opportunity to return for a leisure visit next time. Happy Holidays!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Rooms are nice, clean and spacious. Many rooms are partially underground so not a great view. The property is old but well maintained. The ISSUE is the parking... A mess. Everyone can park in front of their room, but what a challenge. One way narrow winding hilly streets that dead end with very tight turnaround opportunity. If you are not a great parker..you better not stay here.

• Stayed December 2011
RonSimon, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. This property was built with a Mediterranean theme and the outlying buildings have the narrow streets resembling that region. We offer valet parking, and for those that wish to self-park, we have a large parking lot near the main building. We also offer complimentary shuttle service to and from your suite to help alleviate parking frustrations. Aside from the comments concerning parking, I’m happy to hear that you found our property to your liking.
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We stayed five nights at Tapatio and had multiple problems. On the first night we discovered the sofa bed did not have a sheet, the two lights on bed were burnt out, and the phone buttons did not work so we could not call the front desk . We also only had 3 towels for four people. Since we were so tired, we made due for the night with one blanket so our kids could go to sleep.

The next day we went to the office and put in a request to have everything repaired and for extra towels and a sheet. We ended up getting the linens from the maid as we were going back to the room. We went out for the day and found that the lights were not replaced when we returned that night.

The next morning as we were getting ready for the day our coffee pot quit working too. When we went down to ask to have the lights replaced again and report the coffee make not working the desk clerk looked at us and said "were you making two cups because I heard they can over heat?". She did not even offer an apology and the coffee make is made to make two cups. I wanted to say, "really, your are telling me that this is acceptable and it is my fault for using it as intended", but I stated only the fact that we had made two cups about 15 min. apart. She put in the repair orders without apology or acknowledging my statement that the lights had already been requested to be replaced the day before. We went out for the day and came back to a new coffee maker and working lights, but only three towels. Frustrated, we went down do the office on our way out to dinner and request more. Two hours later when we returned, we still did not have towels so we called down and asked again for towels. They were brought up in about 15 min.

I noticed that my sinuses bothered me a lot after our first night. On our last day I figured out why, the air filter in the ceiling was completely caked with dust. I also noticed that the whole outer rim of carpet next to the base board was caked with dust. I was sickened, I couldn't leave quick enough. Lack of attention to maintenance and other details seem to be a common theme at Tapatio. Aside from our issues, we walked past the same two glasses in an ashtray for three days straight....who knows, they could still be there.

My last complaints are that the design of the building is very low and heights are unmarked at entrance ways. When it was late at night the lighting is dark it is hard to see. My husband hit his head on the building leaving a huge bump. There should be a reflective strip placed inside the structure as you walk out towards the parking lot. Lastly, when paying for what it supposed to be a more upscale hotel, I prefer not to see employees drinking beer in the parking lot. It is not the behavior I want my children seeing either.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
RonSimon, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
I am so sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing and that we failed in our goal to provide every guest with an outstanding visit. It’s clear from your review that our staff fell completely short. This is very much an anomaly to the type of service we give our guests and I truly apologize. It is my hope that you will give us another chance in the future to regain your business.
chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights and were amazed by everything!
We used Hilton Points so our room was free!
Hilton upgraded us to suite 2101, which was gigantic, had a great view of the mountains, falls pool and equestrian center. Granite countertops throughout, large flat screen tv's, private balcony, black out drapes, lots of windows, comfy couches, chairs.
The bed was amazingly comfortable. Feather pillows with down comforter added to comfort.
Great hiking trails were on site. Pool was fantastic, very lively although there was an adult only pool also.
We didn't eat at the restaurants for dinner but did have lunch and cocktails at the pool. Yum.
All documents indicated a high cost for wi-fi. We called the front desk and they gave us the password. Not sure if this was because we were in the Presidential Suite ...
We love this hotel and would return again, and again.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for your very positive feedback. I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at our property and look forward to serving you again. Happy Holidays!

Been to Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort? Share your experiences!