“Friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is not fancy; it is laid back and friendly. Room was clean, spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I found it to be a good value. There is always plenty of activity in the pool area, restaurant and bar. Food at the restaurant was very good and fresh. If you do not feel comfortable around same sex couples this is not the hotel for you. Otherwise, give it a try!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I would reccoment anyone traeveling to Phoenix to stay here. It was busy with two events going on but with all the busyness the staff and team were extremely courteaous, willig to help and most patient. I lost my wallet while there and without their staffing professionals helping me out I would have been completely lost on how I was going to board a plane withouth the proper documentation. Although it was a grueling day and took me 11 hours to get home. The staff at the clarendon made life a lot easier helping me arrange my departure with the airport, printed and scanned the necessary paperwork needed and saved me a lot of time prior to my check in at Sky Harbor. WHAT A GREAT PLACE, FRIENDLY STAFF AND A COOL CHIC PROPERTY WITH A BEAUTIFUL BACKDROP OF DOWNTOWN from the rooftop. Thank you Hotel Clarendon for your help. I would suggest staying here to anybody of any age! SMIkesell Laguna Beach CA

Room Tip: A Room with the view of the Pool is nice and still pretty quiet if you don't have your window op...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed there three times and will continue to make it our HQ when in Phoenix.

The hotel is funky not fancy. The staff are friendly and have always made us feel personally welcome.

This place is FUN. The bar and restaurant are great. The food is way above average. The rates are reasonable. Don't skip Flamenco night!

I always feel like we are part of a "happening."

Only complaint - I wish there more places by the pool to catch some sun. If you aren't there first,the pool sitting areas fill up fast

• Stayed March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I can't wait to go back to The Clarendon!

Every summer I stay here to relax and unwind. The pool, hot tub, waterfall, and now cabanas create a real sense of luxury that makes me forget I haven't even left the town I live in.

The hotel's bar and restaurant, Gallo Blanco (I like to eat there when I can even when I don't stay at The Clarendon), has the best halibut tacos and elote callejero!! You can snack by the pool, order drinks and create a space that is very rejuvenating.

I stayed in a suite on my last visit (and the visit before that). Nice living room area, good size refrigerator, modern couch/fold out bed, but it was the linens, comforter and pillows that I can't stop thinking about. Literally soft as a cloud. When you lay down, they have the relaxing cool, crispness that feels so good after being in the hot sun. I felt cradled and cozy in the sublime softness.

As you can tell by my day-dreamy reminiscing , I already need another in-town vacation.

Room Tip: The suites behind the waterfall area are nicely shaded, spacious and feature excellent amenities.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We have spent two of our anniversaries at The Clarendon. Both times we immediately felt a really comfortable, cool atmosphere. I feel that the value is great! It is almost impossible to stay anywhere in the metro area in April for under $300, so we were very impressed with our cost. The beds are very comfortable & bedding is so nice. Nicely done!

• Stayed April 2013
Tucson, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My family and I had the unique pleasure of spending a few days at The Clarendon while attending a Crossfit competition. I can honestly say I've never stayed in such an eclectic place. The mood and decor was a cross between retro and post modern. You just can't place it but you feel like you're in some sort of dream. I felt I was in a Tarantino movie and, as a filmmaker, and I have every intention of approaching the owner about shooting a film there at some point. When ever we come to Phoenix, we will be staying at this unusual place. I should also say that the staff was very accommodating. The restaurant in the lobby is also a great place to eat. Don't want to over rate it, the Hyatt it is not but I don't think they make that claim. For the price, it's solid. It's a Holliday Inn Express on LSD.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Had stayed here once before and wanted a quick "staycation". Found an awesome deal and decided to go for it. Check in was quick and easy. The lobby is really cool- and there's some gruesome history from an assassination in the 70s or 80s- that was my sons favorite part! The kids loved the pool and we really liked the room. I like the decor because I don't feel like I'm staying at a chain hotel. I guess my only complaint was that I should have booked 2 nights.

• Stayed April 2013
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to The Clarendon Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!