“Great property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Phoenix - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Phoenix - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Phoenix - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 East Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004 (Formerly Palomar Phoenix) (Central City)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here last year after it first opened. Beautiful property in downtown Phoenix. It was just built and everything was super nice. Blue Hound restaurant was delicious but the breakfast place next door was less expensive so maybe check that out in the morning.

Green Features: They seem committed as they have recycle bins in the room and signs up to reuse towels, etc.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

What a nice, New hotel! Very nicely set up and decorated. Very good and friendly service! Our room (435) was spectacular except we could hear heavy bass from music coming from below our room.
Nice pool area with attached Lustre restaurant/bar.
We walked across the road to the U.S. Airways center to see Jimmy and it was AWESOME!
We had great weather, and fun walking the City Scape. The Blue Hound restaurant attached to Palomar was different but delicious.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Rm. 435. (although it is on a corner with a good view.
Green Features: They are very good at sustainability we felt because they had different sections for the garbage bins for paper and garbage.
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times this summer because of the location, but even if it were out of the way I'd find a way to stay here. It feels like an intimate little place, the staff is so friendly and accommodating but the Interior design and rooms feel big time!
The corner suites are so cool, the giant soaking tub is gorgeous, I highly recommend this upgrade.
The Blue Hound, well I love them because they stock my favorite Whiskey, but they probably have whatever you like to drink too...or they'll turn you on to a delightful and original cocktail.....and they have great food too.
If you need to be in downtown Phoenix this is the only place to stay if you like to be in the center of things!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a corner suite the other night after the Jimmy Buffet concert and found the Palomar to be the perfect base for both pre and post concert festivities. We were thoroughly impressed with the Palomar hotel and staff. Despite the Palomar being located right in the middle of City Scape (plenty of restaurants, shopping, comedy club, and bowling) and within staggering (literally) distance of U.S. Airways Center and Chase Field, our room was very quiet. The bedding and decor was top quality and the staff was first rate. The valet parking was fast and efficient and even sent someone to my car to get an item I'd forgotten out for me. The host at the free wine and tapas bar was also more than generous and welcoming. Our suite had everything we needed including a yoga mat. C.O. Bigelow toiletries were provided in the bathroom and the double size slipper tub was Heaven! We will definitely stay at the Palomar again the next time we attend an event in Phoenix.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We have lived in the Phoenix area for only a short time and are somewhat disappointed with the immediate downtown area. Very little shopping, etc…..unless you like either baseball or basketball, there are very few things to do downtown when the teams are on the road or off season. Last night we attended a Jimmy Buffet concert at the U.S. Airways arena and choose the Hotel Palomar due to the location only; right across the street!

When we arrived, we found a very efficient valet parking system; great staff. The checkin process was quick friendly and very focused on you. This was impressive, because we arrived just a few hours prior to the concert and they were really getting slammed; they held their own and still provided great service. When we got to our room, we found a very modern and well laid out King Bed room. The bathroom had a spacious shower, no tub, modern decor, and plenty of counter space. The bed was very comfortable and had no issue getting a great nights sleep. No coffee maker in room, but one is provided if you ask.

The offered free wine on the 2nd floor each evening. The attached bar, the Blue Hound, was very upscale. We would have liked them to still be serving food after 10 PM, but the atmosphere was great for catching up with friends after a concert.

Next concert we attend, we will choose this hotel. Scottsdale is nice, but why bother with either a car service or limo from there to the downtown area, spend the money and get a great night's rest in a fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Normally, the base rate is well north of $275. We managed to grab a room the night before for only...
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Upon our arrival we were pleasantly surpised how nice the hotel was, our room was very spacious. Come to find out the hotel is just a little over a year old.
Coming from someone who beleives that customer service is something of the past!!

The best part about our stay was the exceptional service that we received during our trip. From the front desk to the engineering.

I could not locate the wireless connect on my lap top, engineering was up within minutes to assist me to find out that I had turned off the wireless internet connection on my laptop.
Went downstairs to get a soda and their was a wait at the bar, so the front desk sent room service up with complementary cokes. This type of service just did not happen when we stayed at the Hyatt down the street a couple of months ago, besides the fact that their rooms weren't nearly as nice.

If you need to stay downtown this Hotel is the only place to stay!!!!

Room Tip: Noise level was excellent we could not here other guest
Green Features: I have not seen seperate waste cans for recycling in a hotel room until staying here
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mescalero, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel is a very nice place to visit and the staff is very interactive which makes it nice. This place is in the heart of downtown Phoenix and there is plenty to do in downtown, within walking distance. There was alot of construction in downtown which made it a bit difficult to get to the hotel and I was using my GPS to get to the hotel and GPS could not find the hotel it is about a 1 1/2 years old so i can imagine this was not uploaded I would suggest they get this cleared up very soon. The staff particullary the bar pool attendants were extremly helpful in suggesting things to do. I was a guest for 3 nights and 4 days and the are nice and big the beds are extremly comfortable and Housekeeping was exceptional rates were comperable for downtown. But what a suprise when I got my bill for parking in the hotel parking garage. You would think that being a guest of the hotel I would not be charged $27.00 per night for parking or that as a guest the rate would be considerably less. Well I found out that valet doesn't tell you that its $20.00 / night for parking if you are a guest and $27.00 / night for non guests. I did call and got the charges adjusted and certainly by no means am I trying to get out of paying it Katelynn at the front desk when I called was very professional and helpful and adjusted the charges promptly. I think valet should communiate more to the guests as they come in and leave one word responses not impressive.

Room Tip: I dont recommend a room facing the east corner the sun comes directly in and hits you in the face fi...
Green Features: Environmentally friendly practices were top noch I was really impressed and glad to see them practicing such practices was one of the reasons i stayed there.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Palomar Phoenix - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!