“Great Fish and Chips” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Codfather

The Codfather
1618 E Bell Rd # 101, Phoenix, AZ 85022 (Camelback East)
(602) 788-1199
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Fish and Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had a wonderful meal here.
Lots of authentic British sides and beverages.
Mark and Ruth, the owners, are English transplants and were most gracious.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Peoria, Arizona
“Go to the Codfather for the Best Fish & Chips this side of the pond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

5 years ago a gentleman in a supermarket told us about The Codfather as he knew we were British. We went with an open mind because most 'fish and chips' in Arizona or terrible. We were
pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Since then we go regularly and have told other people.
My son and his wife and family now go there too. When people come from England we take them there and they really enjoy it.
The staff are pleasant and helpful. We are going tonight.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Absolutely worth trying! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Decided to go full on English at The Codfather. I had the cod & chips, a Tetley's English draft beer (earthy & delicious) & the potato & onion pie. Food is fabulous. My husband had the catfish & chips. So much food! Very generous portion, friendly staff & a little British store too (flake bars are my favorite! ) a definite do again!

Tempe, Arizona
“A Cod I Couldn't Refuse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've had fish & chips in England and this place is authentic to your causal chip shop. You're not going to find Gordon Ramsay in the kitchen but they hold their own. They offer a variety of fish, even mahi-mahi which is surprising good. The beer list is very good, it rivals many. There is a small British gift shop with some good finds. We will go back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
AZ
“Below Average Fish & Chips”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Been here before, but some years back, so thought I'd try again.

If you never had good Fish & Chips (fries) you might find it okay.

Portions are small for the price and I found the fish batter to be greasy. They give you a small bowl of crisps (chips) but they're very salty. Photos show lemons on the plate, but none arrived.Tried a scotch egg as I hadn't had one for years; it'l be years again if this is the only place I can get one.
They have an extensive drink menu at fair prices. Sign said "Happy Hour." 3-7, but not what it was.
If you're having a meat dish, ask for HP sauce it'll improve your meal.
They have a small selection of English grocery products for sale, but grossly overpriced.
There are far better choices for "Fish & Chips" in North Phoenix. You'll spend less, get more, and better food. Surprised I gave it 3 buttons.

• Visited February 2014