“reminds me of London...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Codfather

The Codfather
1618 E Bell Rd # 101, Phoenix, AZ 85022 (Camelback East)
(602) 788-1199
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Chandler, Arizona
“reminds me of London...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

20 years ago...minus the paper wrapping!
A wonderful lunch surprise of Cod n Chips- good thing I forgot I had cash. I would have bought the homemade crisps (potato chips) too!
Their menu has it all- pasties and sausage rolls...mushy peas and traditional English Breakfast.
I may have to go the next 4 Fridays to sample my faves!

Don't miss the great selection of beers! I was so bummin' that it was lunch. I wanted a Murphy's so badly. Think Guinness but sweeter..

They deserve to be forever busy- try them out. Malt vinegar is a given!

CHEERS!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“good prices and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

The restaurant is one where you walk to the counter order your food, get a number and find a table. The staff was warm and welcoming. We came after the rush and had no problem getting a table. we waited for about ten minutes for our food to arrive and it came hot. The food was good. The fries had no flavor, but were cooked really well. We had no complaints about the food, we would go back for good fish. This cozy English place offers a bar on one side, tables on the other plus a little play table for kids. It has good English flare. We would will go back again for good fish and chips.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Very authentic fish and chips.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I go to the Codfather about every 2 weeks and LOVE IT. The fish and chips are battered correctly and served hot and fresh. Nothing is prepared before you oder it. The beers are served at the correct temperature and are plentiful. Something for everyone. I won't eat fish and chips anywhere else in Phoenix.For people who want broiled fish, this isn't the place for you. Not that Phoenix has many good eateries. Phoenix is a vast wasteland of people and restaurants. The Codfather is the restaurant I go to for frsh seafood.

• Visited October 2011