“Where France and Italy Meet!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: European Inspired dishes and wines
phoenix, az
“Where France and Italy Meet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The ambiance was great, the Chef was friendly, helpful and knowledgable, and the food was quite tasty!! You have your choice of inside or outside seating. And the smells from the kitchen are intoxicating.

Visited May 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great food, great service, fun atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 15 looking for something out of the ordinary at a reasonable price... This place was it! We elected to go with the flow and allow the chef to choose our courses and wines...a good approach when you're a large group in a small restaurant. We were all pleased with the outcome! Enormous Portuguese mussels in a spicey tomato sauce, mushroom with pesto in bacon, gourmet pizza, just to name a few of the tapas-style items that were all unique and excellent. The desserts were also incredible and like nothing I have had anywhere else. I've been fortunate to dine in many high end restaurants, but rarely have I had such excellent and unique dishes at such a good price and with very friendly and enthusiastic service!

Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Pizza and more pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The pasta dish was the best out if all the dishes that the chef prepared. Not my kind of food. Too much carb, cheese and not enough protein. It was either too salty or too sweet for my palette. We had 3 pizzas, salad, pasta, seafood pot soup, rack of lamb, mussels, and whatever else that came. I stopped eating after trying 4 dishes that I did not like. Big groups, expect the 21% added to your bill. The place was not expensive but not impressive either. One toilet overflowed and the other wouldn't flush while we were there. Yes, I judge my restaurants based on taste and working toilets.

Visited February 2014
Sedona, AZ
“Good food and nice chef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went to a wine tasting and class on Sunday night. With the exception of a obnoxious female, self-proclaimed wine snob sitting across from us, it was very enjoyable. Eric, the chef, is a fun guy to learn from and did his best to keep Ms. "I Know Everything About Wine" from ruining it for all of the rest of us. We had lots of wine and his knowledge of the wines, serving vessels and food pairings was taught in a fun and non condescending way. We enjoyed 8 diverse selections. The tastings were crowned with a nice plate of homemade mushroom tortellini and meat balls. The basil cream sauce was perfect after all the acid from the wine.
Next time we are in town we will want to come back to try more food including the pizza that sounds amazing.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona
“Overpriced tasting menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went here last night with our Groupon for a chefs 7 course tasting meal. I was pretty excited to eat here because I had read recent reviews with people praising the food!
The atmosphere is very charming and what you would find in a small European cafe. The chef greeted us when we arrived and sat us at our table. He's a really nice guy!

The service was pretty good, but our waiter seemed to be newer and not as knowledgeable as the guy who brought our waters (bartender or manager). I opted to do the wine pairing with our meal tasting. I was very disappointed when the second course came out before I even got the first wine pairing. What's the point of a wine pairing when you aren't pairing it with the correct dish.

The courses we got served were
1. Heirloom tomato stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon with brown sugar glazed carrots. (one small delicious bite)
2. Mix spring salad with charred citrus segments, paprika almonds and a strawberry dressing. (3 bite salad)
3. Clams with a cheddar dill cream sauce and cooked egg yolk (3 TINY clams and out of place yolk)
4. Sausage stuffed chicken over mashed potatoes with a marsala gravy. (good chicken, bitter gravy)
5. melba toast with brie and berry jam
6. chocolate truffle
7. Berry pastry with chili chocolate sauce (The sauce was FANTASTIC)
I don't think that the tasting menu is worth the money! When 5 of our 7 courses are only 1-2 bites I would rather pay $100 for a meal at Searsucker or The House.
The food was good but not a balanced meal. The sample tasting menu online is much more balance than what we were served.
Once the waiter got my wine matched with the correct course, they all complimented the food perfectly.
I would be willing to give this place another try, but next time try one of their pizzas cooked in the wood burning pizza oven!

• Visited April 2013