“Good food and nice chef” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Description: European Inspired dishes and wines
Sedona, AZ
“Good food and nice chef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went to a wine tasting and class on Sunday night. With the exception of a obnoxious female, self-proclaimed wine snob sitting across from us, it was very enjoyable. Eric, the chef, is a fun guy to learn from and did his best to keep Ms. "I Know Everything About Wine" from ruining it for all of the rest of us. We had lots of wine and his knowledge of the wines, serving vessels and food pairings was taught in a fun and non condescending way. We enjoyed 8 diverse selections. The tastings were crowned with a nice plate of homemade mushroom tortellini and meat balls. The basil cream sauce was perfect after all the acid from the wine.
Next time we are in town we will want to come back to try more food including the pizza that sounds amazing.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chandler, Arizona
“Overpriced tasting menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went here last night with our Groupon for a chefs 7 course tasting meal. I was pretty excited to eat here because I had read recent reviews with people praising the food!
The atmosphere is very charming and what you would find in a small European cafe. The chef greeted us when we arrived and sat us at our table. He's a really nice guy!

The service was pretty good, but our waiter seemed to be newer and not as knowledgeable as the guy who brought our waters (bartender or manager). I opted to do the wine pairing with our meal tasting. I was very disappointed when the second course came out before I even got the first wine pairing. What's the point of a wine pairing when you aren't pairing it with the correct dish.

The courses we got served were
1. Heirloom tomato stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon with brown sugar glazed carrots. (one small delicious bite)
2. Mix spring salad with charred citrus segments, paprika almonds and a strawberry dressing. (3 bite salad)
3. Clams with a cheddar dill cream sauce and cooked egg yolk (3 TINY clams and out of place yolk)
4. Sausage stuffed chicken over mashed potatoes with a marsala gravy. (good chicken, bitter gravy)
5. melba toast with brie and berry jam
6. chocolate truffle
7. Berry pastry with chili chocolate sauce (The sauce was FANTASTIC)
I don't think that the tasting menu is worth the money! When 5 of our 7 courses are only 1-2 bites I would rather pay $100 for a meal at Searsucker or The House.
The food was good but not a balanced meal. The sample tasting menu online is much more balance than what we were served.
Once the waiter got my wine matched with the correct course, they all complimented the food perfectly.
I would be willing to give this place another try, but next time try one of their pizzas cooked in the wood burning pizza oven!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Web Site, Poor Restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The restaurant was a huge disappointment as we made a special sidetrip to go there. Although the web site was enticing, the restaurant was shabby and dingy, the service was slow and inattentive and the food was amature despite the fact that it aspired to something greater. The "Belgian" waffles were dry and tastles, even adding brie or goat cheese (in minimal amounts) didn't help. The Sicilian eggs came complete with a puddle of oily grease...as a Sicilian I was offended. Go to Waffle House instead.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank Saguaro63
Phoenix, Arizona
“Just check it out...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a little gem in downtown Phoenix. I went there for a business meeting and got the tasting menu. What a selection of delicious food and wine! Very interesting pairings of wine with food and excellent but laid back service. This was one of my best dining experiences in the PHX metro. The owner stopped by the table and we got a mini lecture on wine pairing with various foods. No matter what you asked him, there was a very thoughtful answer and I am kicking myself for not taking notes.

Phoenix, Arizona
“A nice reasonably priced tasting menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We just dined here as a result of a groupon offering us the seven course tasting menu. It is a nice quaint little restaurant located in downtown Phoenix. The dining room is small but don't let that fool you. The food they put out is actually very tasty and done well. The wine pairing are 2oz pours and matched well. The only thing we wished for was an actual "meat" course. I believe their main entree for the night was salmon and they did mention that they do switch up the menu so maybe in the future they will have a meat course. It would also have been nice to know which entrees they were going to be serving on their tasting menu as well.

I believe the entrees we had this night was:
1. Mozarella cheese with olive oil, balsalmic vinegar, and some crushed pistachios.
2. Stuffed mushroom wrapped in prosciutto with a tarragon sauce.
3. Cherry stone clams with chorizo and a beurre blanc sauce.
4.Wood fired salmon on a bed of white truffle risotto.
5. Cheese plate
6. Chocolate covered strawberry.
7. Chocolate chili soup.

It was a nice dinner and we would come again more often if it wasn't so far for us.

• Visited February 2013