“Renovated and Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #55 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Renovated and Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here for the first time in about 10 years because of the proximity to a couple of restaurants plus the light rail is across the street to take us to the Eric Claption concert (fabulous). The last time we were here it was not all that great but it was cheap and clean. This time it truly was great but not so cheap anymore. The hotel looked and smelled fresh. Parking was convenient and they had a security guard on duty. The free breakfast was about what you imagined it would be like. What really impressed us however, was the obvious effort to hire workers that you might describe as "seasoned". No 20-year old numbskulls in positions of having to deal with people. Another big plus which we always use to gauge a hotel...the dining room TV was NOT turned to FOX "News"...a big plus. A really big plus. Just on that alone is reason to patronize this hotel. The staff was very friendly and pleasant and you could tell they enjoyed working there which says a lot about the management.
All in all, good central location, close to the Diamondback's stadium and the rates should come down now that the dreaded Phoenix summer is fast approaching.

Room Tip: These rooms are extremely quiet so you can't go too wrong.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Renee B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
murphy2,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix. I hope you had a great time at the concert! I am happy to hear that our hotel and staff exceeded your previous expectations and that the central location was beneficial for transportation to the Eric Clapton concert. We hope you visit us again soon when in town for an evening, a concert or a game at the Diamondback's stadium. Thank you again.

Valerie McHolm, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Fairfield is an alright hotel. Semi-friendly staff (although we did ask for a shuttle to go downtown well in advance and then were told we'd have to ride it all the way to the airport first when we got downstairs). However, what the heck?? They gave my room phone away to someone who I barely knew (I was selling some spring training tickets to a friend's dad bc I couldn't go to the game anymore) who constantly called me on it. I'm on my damn vacation! Isn't that illegal??! They should have asked me first. It was rude and I would NOT have said yes to them giving out the direct hotel phone number. I will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear kelorado :
Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your trip. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was told I wouldn't be able to check in until 3, but I came in early and asked anyway and was immediately found a room. As a weary traveler I was very thankful! Loved my room and accommodations!! I would stay here again if I came back to Phoenix!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
JoJo1922,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad you were able to get a room right away and rest from your long travels. We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and staff, and we hope you'll visit us again soon.
Caribbean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This place is very reasonably priced considering its proximity to the downtown area. I recently stayed here while attending a conference downtown and was pleased with the hotel. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful in getting me the shuttle to transport me to my conference and back and forth to the airport, making recommendations for nearby restaurants and shops, and just overall helping me feel like a welcome guest.
The rooms are basic, but very clean and have all of the amenities you might need such as a fridge, coffee, hairdryer, iron, and nice Paul Mitchell shampoos. The walls are quite thin, so you can hear your neighbors talking and watching tv. The breakfast is free and had a lot of options for a continental breakfast.
I would recommend this hotel for a business trip. You'll get a comfortable clean room and a helpful staff to assist you with whatever you need.

Room Tip: My room on the top floor had a nice view of the mountains.
beachtraveler10,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We appreciate you staying with us while attending a nearby conference. I'm glad you felt welcomed by our staff, and I hope they added a little comfort to your stay. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll visit us again.
Orange County, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is located in midtown Phoenix, between an IHOP and a Burger King, and across the street from a landmark restaurant (steakhouse) called Durant's (as well as a Circle K). The hotel appears to be older, but I was impressed with some of their staff. The driver who picked me up, Rick, is multi-lingual and very, very nice. The front desk staff on duty when I arrived was Sarah and she is phenomenal. She is the kind of person who goes above and beyond and even remembers guests' names.

Adjacent to the front lobby is an open business center with computers and printers - free to guests and available 24/7. The also have complimentary tea and coffee available, which was nice after a really long day of traveling. The breakfast buffet is only so-so; more of a continental breakfast, but the lady who works there is very congenial and it is free, so you can't really complain.

The rooms are average, but clean, and do have a small refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave in them. The television was a nice flatscreen. The walls are fairly thin, but after 10:30 or so I called the front desk when the people in the next room were very loud and they handled it very quickly. There is a workout room with a couple of treadmills and other machines, some pilates type balls and medicine balls. It is small, but clean and they provide towels and water. There is a very small pool (goes up to 5') and jacuzzi as well.

One of the big benefits is that there is a light rail that runs through Phoenix and there is a stop within a block of the hotel on Central. You can ride all day for $4, so it is a good deal and very convenient if you need to go "down town". So, although the hotel is not new, they keep it up nicely and the staff is very nice. I would definitely recommend it for any business travelers.

Susan_Hilton099,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and especially appreciated our wonderful staff. I'll make sure to give Rick and Sarah a special commendation for their outstanding work. I hope you had a great time in Phoenix and plan to return. If you do, please stop and visit us again.
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Came to the Valley of the Sun for Spring Training, and we stayed at the Fairfield Inn. In hindsight it would have been more convenient to stay in Scottsdale. Since we had a rental car, it didn't really matter all that much, especially since parking was fee and plentiful. Basic room, comfy king bed, free WiFi, and a nice looking breakfast. What makes this place, though, is the staff. Mary in particular was a delight - charming, helpful, and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AlamedaMichael,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during Spring Training. I'm glad you liked our property, breakfast, and staff. I'll make sure to let Mary know of your kind comments, and I'll give her a special commendation for your compliments. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll stop and visit us again.
Cooroy, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed only one night. Room looked lovely but had an odor about it. Bfast included which included waffle maker, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, toaster for bagels , muffins and bfast sandwiches .
There is a Burger King and i hop next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
sandan77,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay with us. Please visit us again.
Valerie McHolm, General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown? Share your experiences!