“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Phoenix North

You added TownePlace Suites Phoenix North to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Phoenix North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9425 North Black Canyon Freeway, Phoenix, AZ 85021 (North Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
vancouver, British Columbia
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

We spent a week in Phoenix and really enjoyed our stay here. We got a great rate of $79/nt because we stayed more than 5 nights. The front desk staff was unfailingly friendly and helpful, and any requests (burned out light bulb, extra bedding) were promptly attended to. The extra space in the room (compared to a regular hotel room) was wonderful. There is small seating area with a sofa and chair, and the kitchen, with a big fridge, and even a dishwasher, was great for lunches and snacks. It was too cold to try out the pool, but the gym was good for some exercise in the evening. The free internet in the lobby was very useful, and if someone was using the computer, the desk clerk was happy to print out directions for us. We had no problem with highway noise, considering that the hotel is fairly close to the Black Canyon Fwy., although we always request a room on the top floor. Sometimes we could hear our neighbor's TV, but turning on the bathroom fan tuned that out. We have stayed in other Marriott Towneplace Suites, and they are usually our first choice when travelling.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

Located along major interstate on a frontage. Nearby intersections can be confusing until you get used to them. Nicely set back from road.
Stayed in a studio room with full kitchenette, pull-out sofa and in-room data center.
Upholstered furniture looked quite worn and could stand to be replaced soon.
Mattress was comfortable. AC unit and refrigerator were loud when running.
Easy internet connection and many outlets for charging devices.
Bathroom has great shower--with showerhead up high (great for us taller people, no slouching down to wash hair!), great pressure, temperature and water softness.
Vanity is medium in size but plenty of drawer space is available in bathroom. Two large mirrors in bathroom, no other mirrors located in room.
Continental breakfast served: coffee, cereal, fresh fruit, waffles, oatmeal, grits, yogurt, juice, milk, bread for toast and pastries.
Computer with internet connection available in lobby with printer for patron's use--great for flight check-in and printing boarding passes.
There was a workout room, but we didn't use it. The pool is outdoor.
Friendly, helpful front desk staff that speaks English and Spanish.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
moliver21
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

We stayed at the Towneplace Suites due to attending the Western National Softball Tournament hosted in Phoenix, AR. We were impressed by the cleanliness of all of the suites and the overall comfort that we enjoyed while staying at this property for 6 nights. The staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help us with every little detail that we needed support with. They also hosted a barbeque at the pool for the quests and it was just what we needed after playing softball in the Arizona heat. One morning our girls needed to be at a game prior to the morning breakfast time and the desk attendant was generous enough to help us get enough breakfast items together to feed our 14 girls a breakfast that was terrific. There were a few difficulties in some of the rooms but they were remedied quickly and with a smile. The only complaint was the room keys would not work all of the time and daily needed to be redone to enter the buildings and rooms. It is a quiet, nice property, and close to everything that you might need, if I ever return to Phoenix I would definetly stay here.

• Stayed July 2009
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

Hotel is located in the Phoenix Metro area...which is a mall across I-17. Lots of chain restaurants in the area.

Rooms are clean and decent. Good value for your money. Breakfast is something else to be desired. Very basic continental breakfast. I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express and their breakfast is much better.

Service is wonderful! The front desk staff very helpful and very accommodating...all with a smile.

I usually come to Phoenix once every quarter and stay for 7 days for work and I always stay at this hotel. Nice to have a little kitchen and friendly service. Some of the front desk even recognize me each time.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

The manager has a great front desk staff. The women we dealt with were attentive, friendly and helpful. In particular, Chelsea went out of her way to talk to us and make sure our stay in Phoenix was an enjoyable one.

The hotel has a great free breakfast and large eating area.
The pool area is adjacent to the parking lot and by no means luxurious.

However, the rooms are Marriott. Clean ,comfortable and quiet.

It is far enough from the I17 to allow you to sleep with the windows open (yes they open) although I would ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room not facing the pool.

• Liked — Location; close to Phoenix
  • Disliked — Pool
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Albany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

I've stayed at several TownPlace suites and this one was just the tiniest bit disappointing. I had a studio suite with a queen bed and fold out couch. Like all TownPlace suites it has a complete kitchen with dishes, pans, utensils, linens etc. Great for families.

We arrived very late at night (early morning) and the front door was locked. There was a mother and two children in the "lobby" (in their PJs) who indicated to me that I should pick up the phone by the door and someone would pick up. Someone did and soon came from the other building (there are two), let me in and handled the check in process quickly.

It took a little hunting to find the elevator. It is in an alcove off of the breakfast room.

Our first "problem" was that the sofabed had no linens on it. I found them in the closet, but the last thing I wanted to do at 4:30 am my time was make a bed from scratch with two flat sheets. Hospital corners at that hours just aren't fun.

The second "problem" was that the fitted sheets on the queen bed quickly came off of the corners on both sides of the bed. It was a bit anoying to sleep all tangled up in sheets. The thermostat was set at 64, but I didn't notice right away. I had to get out of bed and crank it up a bit to turn off the A/C because it was just too cold.

Breakfast was good. There were waffles, bisquits and gravy, cereal, yogurt, breads, fruit, juice and decent coffee.

One thing I try to remember is that the hotel is meant for long term stays so it doesn't have a lot of services. It is supposed to be more like home and less like a hotel.

I did use the computer in the entry area because I needed a printer to print out tickets I bought on-line. There was no charge for that.

The staff also let me have a later check out because we were waiting for the airline to deliver delayed luggage -which we ended up driving to the airport to get anyway. Generally as as Sliver Elite Marriott rewards memeber late check out is 2:00 but they wanted us out at 1:00.

I used rewards points for my stay. It is a category 3 - 10,000 points.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Storage Space 4309
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2007

I stayed here for about 4 weeks for work and I was pretty impressed. Since I stay in extended stay types hotel this one hit the spot! Normally rates are about $131 but because I booked thru an online service it was only $96. However, the real highlight seeing how eating out can get expensive, is that the hotel had an oven! So yes, I could bake a pizza or cookies, even a baked chicken!

Stayed April 2007, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Phoenix North? Share your experiences!