“Excellent accommodations for a short stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #56 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Excellent accommodations for a short stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a short work conference and I was very impressed with the service and room. The hotel was clean, modern, and the room was updated. I had a nice pool view and my bed was the most comfortable with the firmness dial it's equipped with. The room had a mini fridge and microwave oven, which is always a plus! I also got a complimentary voucher for a breakfast buffet at the hotel with my stay! The service was excellent too by the staff at the American Grill. The location was
also not too far from restaurants although I couldn't walk to them necessarily. The hotel did provide a shuttle to the restaurants and shopping. I was surprised though that the hotel did not provide an airport shuttle or that taxis were readily available, right outside the
hotel. I would stay here again or recommend this
hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here while going to Phoenix Comic Con. The staff was very friendly, the beds were comfy, the pool was cool (but not too cool), and the food was very good. The only problem was with the A/C. It was a little too hot for my liking, but it was by no means unbearable. Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This Hilton was very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. No noise from outside. We were however disappointed that the bar and restaurant closed at 10 being that we got out of the baseball game at 11 and were hoping to have some drinks afterwards. The closest bar open was downtown costing us a $25 cab ride.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was in town for a few nights and needed a place close to downtown, The location was perfect, close to the light rail, restaurants and shopping. My room was very small and had a view of the power station next door, but it was comfortable. Parking is a block away so this was a little inconvenient. Also, to get to my room I had to go outside to the pool and into another building, I thought that was a little strange. The best thing about this place was the front desk staff, they were very friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel was clean, comfortable, and a very good deal. Close to major Phoenix attractions and a great complimentary shuttle service, which made us feel safer in our group traveling to our events, compared to calling an unknown cab service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Buckeye,Az., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Since our first visit to this property, management has done a wonderful job in rejuvinating this property. Quality accomidations, excellent staff and inviting lobby. We will return when the opertunity presents itself.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights on business, and it was OK, but I won't stay here again. The bed was really hard, and the linens smelled heavily of disinfectant, like hospital linens. Nice to know they're clean and sanitary, but I really couldn't get over the smell.
I had a view of the power station across the street- I should have asked for a different room, but since I was there for 4 nights, I think I should have been assigned something better.
The restaurant in the hotel is bizzare- it feels like a "multi-purpose" room that they didn't even try to class up to make into a dining room. I stood around for 10 minutes waiting for the ONE waitress that was in the kitchen (no hostess/host or hostess stand- weird) at the time apparently. I finally decided to go somewhere outside of the hotel.
The parking lot for the hotel is around the block, and they don't have help in the tiny driveway for your bags. You have to bring them in, have them watch your stuff, while you drive over to the parking lot to park. I saw a lot of people wheeling their stuff over from there. Not really what I want to do after a travel day.
Their "gym" consists of 3 treadmills and some free weights, in a dingy room. The pool and spa looked nice, though I didn't use them. That probably is a plus in this hotel's favor.
The one thing they really got right are the staff at the front desk. They were super nice, remembered my name, and were all around helpful. Thank you for that!

Room Tip: Ask for an interior view (over the pool)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Midtown? Share your experiences!