“Addicted to Pomegranate” 5 of 5 stars

4025 E Chandler Blvd, Suite 28, Phoenix, AZ 85048-8829
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 2,554 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Organic, Healthy, Vegetarian, Vegan
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Revitalizing food and pure flavors are at the heart of what we do. At Pomegranate emphasis is on a new way of eating – utilizing fresh organic ingredients to prepare food and drinks that tempt the palate and create well-being. We challenge the stereotype that healthy food is bland or boring. Our delicious vegetarian cuisine and beverages (from fresh fruit shakes to mouth-watering lattes) are created with the belief that taste and presentation are not compromised by the use of wholesome ingredients, but enhanced. Pomegranate Cafe offers a rich and deeply satisfying experience.
Phoenix Arizona
“Addicted to Pomegranate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Tucked into a very popular Trader Joe's strip mall on Chandler and 40th St., Pomegranate couldn't be more convenient for a feel-good healthy meal. I used to pop in after Hot Yoga (a couple doors down), grab a green veggie drink, pick up my Sunizona farm box and head out. It wasn't until recently that I started digging into the meals and I now I'm addicted. I've never had a bad meal. I love the daily veggie burger specials (get the kale salad as a side), the spicy quesadillas, raw super green kale salad and egg or tofu soft tacos with avocado - all available gluten free, dairy free, egg-free. They also have raw options and specials. Several reviewers comment about the cost but have they actually watched what goes into these vegan and vegetarian meals? One fruit or veggie drink alone would nearly clean out a grocery store produce aisle. Luckily the owners - a mother/daughter team - are almost always on-site, very accessible, and they continue to expand and improve the menu, service and space. Sometimes there is a line out the door (no table service, you order at the counter), which I'm sure turns some people away but the line goes quickly and it is worth the wait. Just chill out and meet some new friends in the meantime.

For a different kind of evening out you can go to one of their informal gatherings for a documentary screening, a local speaker, vegan chef, etc. in the evenings. We went to one featuring the head elephant keeper at the Phoenix Zoo and had a great time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank TravelVal

Dallas, Texas
“My favorite vegan spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've had the pleasure of dining at Pomegranate Cafe three times now while visiting family in Phoenix. My most recent visit was the first week of June. This occasion, we came for dinner and to our surprise, discovered they were only serving four options from their menu due to a smaller evening crowd. No worries- it was the best meal there yet!

My father is on a strict no-oil vegan diet and they were more than willing to accommodate to his needs for dinner. I enjoyed the watermelon salad for dinner- highly recommended! On previous visits I went to town on the Kale salad with sunflowers seeds. Can't recall the actual name of the dish but it's to die for!

The staff is super friendly, the restaurant is decorated cute and hippie-ish but nice and clean.

This is my first stop every time I come to Phoenix. Although I wish they would come to Dallas!!! :)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good vegan food. Worth every $$$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Since my wife & I are vegetarian(s) my friend told me to take a look at Pomegranate. Oh man, we were wonder stuck with the crowd and how busy they are. Food was very yummy and fresh. Lots of varieties. It's bit expensive but where can we get good Vegan/Veggie food nowadays. It is good to visit once in a while (I want to go every time though). This is a family owned business. Staff are very friendly. Best vegetarian food we ever had in Phoenix area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
“Worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Every time I've been to the Pom, the place has been packed. Perfect menu for people who're eating clean or trying to reverse the aging process. The food is always beautiful and delicious. My only complaint is that Pom needs some decent waitstaff.

Visited May 2013
“Best vegan/raw restaurant in Phoenix - maybe in the world?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am a vegan and have been eating about 80% raw for a year. I've not yet found a vegetarian restaurant that has the creativity that Pomegranate has. Seriously, their selection of raw meals (and I'm not talking about salads) is ROBUST. I seldomly have the trouble of too many choices when I dine out, but Pomegranate is one of the places where I actually struggle to make a decision!
The portions are large - also something you don't expect at a vegetarian restaurant. The atmosphere is hip without trying too hard. It's not overly hippie, but is very authentic in its sustainability and passion for local foods.
Pomegranate is a gem!