“Nice hotel, even for one night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #52 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice hotel, even for one night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Overall, we had a great experience from this extended stay hotel even though we found it had the lowest rate for our one night stay. Bed was smaller for a couple (double) and firm. The room was a nice upgrade for us (my wife is platinum with IHG) with a nice bathroom and couch. Would recommend even for one night stay!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Nicholas,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We value our guest loyalty and a big thank you to your wife as well for being a Platinum IHG Rewards Club member with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were in town for a wedding end of August. The location was perfect. I choose this property from the reviews on TA. They seldom disappoint.
The remodel is very nice. They are homey and comfy. We enjoyed our 1 bedroom suite. We could go in and shut the door and our daughter had the living room and sofabed...she said it was comfy too! The linens and towels were very nice. Everything was clean and in good repair!
The laundry room was really cool. We used the country pantry a lot. Nice snacks and drinks and food and really reasonable. Our daughter loved the nice new modern exercise room and said it had everything she liked in there! Very clean too.
Being a IGH rewards member, I got 2 bottles of water and some snacks at check in!! They had movies, a beverage table, and a small adequate business center. Friendly and fun!
Didn't use the pool but it looked nice and relaxing and clean.
We would most definitely stay at this fine location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Corvettegal48,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel and also being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member. As a team we all take great pride in our hotel and our guests. Happy to hear that you utilized our Candlewood Cupboard and that your daughter was able to use our fitness center as well. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

It was only by chance that I discovered candlewood suites Phoenix. My wife and I were looking for a hotel where in we could use our rewards to cover our four-night stay. We found this hotel and location. We checked into a very very very new,modern,energy efficient,service efficient and clean hotel. Their gym was a treat! It was complete! We extended our four night stay till the maximum stay our vacation time allowed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hello ReneUnson,
First of all, we want to thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member! Second, we wish to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Candlewood Suites is a very unique brand of hotel and we are pleased to see that you found just what we love about it. Wonderful that you were able to take time and utilize our fitness center also. Our staff takes great pride in our property.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I chose to stay here based on good reviews on Trip Advisor. Was very pleased with my experience and would definitely stay here again. I am new to Candlewood Suites, and didn't realize the rooms are geared toward the business traveler (large desk space, desk chair, small kitchen). There was a stove, dishware, and cookware in the room..very handy! The wall a/c unit was the quietest I have heard in a long time, maybe ever. The full-size refrigerator was a relatively quiet frig as far as they go, but I am not used to sleeping in the same room as a full-size frig. That wouldn't keep me from staying here again though. I really appreciated the wide paved bike trail behind the complex where there were several people cycling and walking on a Saturday morning...a great place to get some walking in before sitting in the car all day. I had recently stayed at "La Quinta I-10 West" and found the Candlewood location much preferable...it felt safer and has more restaurants nearby. The rooms here are functional, clean, and a great price. I wouldn't choose this for a romantic get-away, but for business or other basic travel (including vacation travel), it was great! Also, I appreciated the recycling containers in the building! And Kevin at the front desk was friendly and nice!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hello SJC_,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review for our Candlewood Suites Phoenix. Our entire staff takes a lot of pride in our product and our brand. Great to see you were out on the biking/walking trail. It is a wonderful feature and we love to see our guests taking advantage of it!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The best experience by far especially when the receptionist Diane checked me in. She made me feel like I was home. From the check-in to the check-out. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel where im in the Connecticut area!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven C, Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a great review. Glad to hear your stay with us was the "best experience by far" because of Diane. I'm glad to hear you felt at home with us.
Thank you again for such a great review. We look forward to serving you again, your home away from home.

Steven Choukalas - Operations Manager
Weybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My son and I had only one night at Candlewood Suites but could quite happily have spent a week there. From the excellent, friendly service at check-in to the way everything seemed to have been made easy for guests, our stay was really pleasant. There are also many thoughtful extras on offer so, for once, we didn't have the feeling that we were being ripped off. These included free tea & coffee in the lobby, free laundry facilities (an absolute blessing to long distance travellers), the mini- shop which was surprisingly well stocked, a well equipped kitchenette and spacious room.
The exterior of the building doesn't look very appealing and the hotel is near a busy road but don't be put off ( I nearly was) as it is very quiet and comfortable. The hair dryer was the best I have ever found in a hotel, bar none and the towels were wonderfully thick.
I wished I'd known there is a Candlewood in New York and would be happy to try others in this group next time around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. Glad to hear your stay was an excellent one. Thank you for all the great comments. Happy to hear Candlewood is your new place to stay. We hope to see you real soon.

Steven Choukalas - Operations Manager.
liberty112
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in March 2013. I picked this hotel due to its location and its rating on trip advisor compared to other hotels in the same area.

While I was driving and had not yet reached the Candlewood Suites in Phoenix, AZ my husband called my cell phone to tell me that the manager at Candlewood had called him and asked if they could change my reservations to the Holiday Inn because they had accidentally overbooked. My husband said absolutely not, as he knew that I do my research before booking and I chose this hotel for a reason. The manager agreed to move another guest instead of me. It was a little nerve wracking to think I would be sleeping somewhere I had specifically NOT booked due to the reviews, but it all worked out.

Upon arrival the male front desk employee was swamped with phone calls, a guest needing something, 5 tired looking women sitting on their suitcases in the tiny lobby area, and then me wanting to check in. All at once! I was impressed with his smile, calmness, and him showing no signs of stress considering the circumstances.

My room was contemporary style in décor and was very clean. It had a small kitchenette, desk area, and great sheets and bedding.

I did take advantage of the free washers and dryers in the hotel. It was great to have this service available and be able to use it in a safe, comfortable area. The "honor system" store is also a very nice touch and I used it as well.

I would definitely stay here again when I find myself in Phoenix. The price was good, the employees were friendly, and the hotel was clean and I felt safe staying as a woman alone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Susan K, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that everything worked out. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your review and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Been to Candlewood Suites Phoenix? Share your experiences!