“A pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Parma, Italy
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We approached this hotel like "let's stop here for the night" and we were really surprised how friendly it was.
The reception was almost perfect, very kind.
It has a lot of services such laundry (for free) and the "kitchen" area with a big choice of snacks and drinks. The rooms are specious, very clean and with a lot of amenity. WiFi was one of the fastest.
It's a little far from downtown (35/40$ by taxi to go to Chase Field).
Price really competitive.

Room Tip: Turn off the big refrigerator in the room since is very noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alisha T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Wow...thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you stopped in with us and we were able to exceed your expectations! We hope you had safe travels and hope you will come back to visit us again.
Thank you again for your time and feedback!

Alisha Tillotson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Fantastic service from everyone there! Great North Phoenix location, very clean, nice rooms fairly priced. This location has some very nice amenities such as the exercise room, pool, hot tub, complimentary Laundry room, complimentary DVD library and more. I travel every week and see many hotels, this location ranks up there as one of my favorites, I would highly recommend this location for long or short term stays.
SR blinx.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Alisha T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us! We are so glad you enjoyed all the great amenities we have to offer and that we could make our property feel like your "Home away from home"! That is always our #1 goal when our guests stay with us. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I booked here sight unseen for a recent business trip to Glendale. It was an easy drive from Phoenix airport and to my destination, and the suite arrangement (sleeper-sofa and queen bed) worked very well for my colleague and me. We were able to do work at the long counter/table, with plenty of room for laptop and papers. Having the bed in a separate room gave privacy. The staff was friendly and helpful. The desk manager, Kevin, even brought up my boarding pass when I had trouble printing it at the business center computer. It was clean and quiet and I'd stay here again, definitely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Alisha T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Nancy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us! We are so glad to hear that the accommodations worked perfectly for you and your colleague. Thank you for mentioning Kevin...he has been with this hotel since we opened and is a great asset! I'm so glad he was able to make your stay a little easier by printing your boarding passes for you. We greatly appreciate your time and business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
MORENO VALLEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Typical candlewood suites: nice room with recliner, big desk, nice flat screen, and kitchen. Best exercise room I've ever seen with five cardio machines and good weight lifting machine (needs bench). Lots of good choices in "store", pay by honor system. Big spacious laundry room with lots of machines and counter tops for folding. Recycling bins throughout.

Good location with nearby area of restaurants. I was mostly hiking in Agua Fria National Monument, so this was a good Northern Phoenix location for that.

Only negative was I had a problem with barking dog two doors from me. This went on for 10 or 15 minutes, obviously the people had gone somewhere and left the dog in the room. I decided to take my laptop and go somewhere else to work. I've begun to think I should stay in hotels who are not "pet friendly".

Room Tip: Top Floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us! We are so sorry that you had to experience a disturbance with the dogs in the room near you. Please let us know if this is ever an issue in the future and we will be more than happy to do everything in our power to correct the situation for you. We do hope that this will not keep you from staying with us again in the future. We are so glad that you enjoyed all the rest of our amenities and look forward to serving you again in the future!
az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Nice clean motel off hwy 17, just north of downtown Phoenix. Less expensive than many other places in the area. Surrounded by lots of restaurants to choose from. The only downside is that you must purchase extra coffee packets for the coffee machine in the room. 50 cents each. In the moring there is coffee at the reception desk for free. Small kitchen in the room with refrigerator, freezer, microwave, and stovetop. Dishes and silverware also available.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room away from highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Valley, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

So here is why I rated this unassuming hotel five bullets. We vote with our money and this is an excellent vote. The hotel was convenient to my event in the foothills. If I had stayed at the Point Hilton it would have cost me three times what this hotel did. It simply would not have been worth it. Indeed in many ways it would have been a step down.

My reception by the front desk was friendly and welcoming. They gave me a free bottle of water and a snack. I checked in fairly early and they never even mentioned it. My room was super. I had a full size refrigerator, microwave and stove. This is a real convenience. It is so nice to be able to enjoy a snack, coffee in the AM and even dinner in the room as opposed to eating in the fifth restaurant in a row. Cheaper also.

The bed was very comfortable. The choice of pillows is nice. The Air Conditioning worked perfectly and was individually controlled. There is a very large work area/desk. It has plenty of outlets for electronics and even a bulletin board for notes. The high speed internet was truly high speed and free. In this day and age charging for internet is absurd. The television was a large, flat screen with a full array of channels.

There is an honor store in the lobby with a pretty good selection of snacks and even full meals. It is fairly priced. You just make your selection and drop the money in a box or fill out a slip to charge your purchases to your room. There are free and updated washing machines for the guests. The gym is large and well equipped. The front desk even has a large selection of DVD movies for free if you should want to relaxer with a movie. There was free pizza in the lobby on the Wednesday night that I was there.

This hotel is designed for people on an an extended stay so it does not have daily maid service as I understand it. I think it is once a week but is available anytime if you ask. They will also replace the towels everyday if you like. This is fine with me. I was there two days and it was not an issue. It is a small price to pay for such a comfortable and convenient room.

And that is the real deal. For those of us who travel extensively this hotel offers everything we really want. It is aimed right at professional travelers but anyone would appreciate what they offer. The staff is wonderful, the room spotless and convenient and the atmosphere restful. What more could you want?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alisha T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Garibaldi, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I come to Phenix for work once a year and stay here for just over a week. The hotel rooms were updated last year and are very functional, clean, and include free wifi. You can choose a studio style room or a 1 bedroom. The staff here goes the extra mile and are very friendly! They have an amazing BBQ dinner for guests once a week. They have sundries and limited groceries in their laundry room, where you get $20 credit per week to spend. This year I was there over valentines day and each room had a small heart shaped box of chocolates waiting for us balanced on our room door handle. Many of the staff are the same people year after year (and they actually remember me), which I think speaks volumes to the hotel's loyalty, pride, and happy environment. Thanks again to the excellent staff at this location! See you next year!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alisha T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your amazing review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I am so proud to hear that my staff took such great care of you and that all of our passion for what we do shows through in what we do! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your review and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Alisha Tillotson

Been to Candlewood Suites Phoenix? Share your experiences!