“Regular Guest” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Santa Barbara
“Regular Guest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I visit the Phoenix area (former resident) several times annually for appointments and social gatherings. Candlewood Suites has always been my first choice of hotel. The location is excellent for my needs. I love the kitchen facilities and laundry facilities. The room is spacious with plenty of room to work. The room is very quiet and the hotel is always spotless. The front desk staff is excellent and always remember me. I did not bring my dog this time, but when he accompanies me, he is most welcomed.

Room Tip: I prefer corner suites on the second or third floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My Husband and I wanted a wonderful Anniversay vacation. We saw Candlewood Suites, as we were going one day to take care, of business. My Husband said that suite looks like a nice place to stay, for our vacation. Well we are so greatful to the Candlewood Suites Staff. They made our stay more then wonderful. The whole staff was so caring and they gave nice Anniversary wishes.

Steven at Guest Services was so nice to upgrade our Wedding Anniversary stay. The staff even place heart kisses a nice card and Sparkling White Grape Juice, in our room. My Husband and I have stay at so many Suites and Hotels but Candlewood Suites was the very best. Candlewood Suites was clean and the staff made us feel, at home.

I can't help but to list the staff names that made our stay so wonderful. First Steven thanks so much! Alisha,Susan,Lori,Kevin,Janine,Janis,Shirley...Jose,Letica,Norma,Maribel, and Lupe. I know this is, for the Travelers to review. To make there informed decisions, when selecting hotels. But I hope the staff, of Candlewood Suites see our warm Thanks and Appreciation.

Thanks again! Mr. & Mrs. Ronald & Royletta Smith <3

Room Tip: Higher floors the view is wonderful and the floors are quite.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Alisha T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Rondald & Royletta,

Thank you SO MUCH for your wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to serving you again in the future. I will make sure to show your review to the entire staff! Again...many thanks!

In Hospitality,
Alisha Tillotson
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in August of 2012, it was 110 degrees F outside, however, our room was always cool and comfortable. The "thru the wall AC" unit ran most of the time. We booked a kitchenette and it came fully equiped with a dishwasher, full fridge and freezer, sink, micorwave, and countertop hot plate. Also all of the dishes and such were included. Laundry was available on site and they also provided a cafetiria type area with snacks and drinks you could purchase on the "honor basis" and fill out a card and drop it into the box. Great location for us adjacent to the Black Canyon Highway, road noise was not to bad at all. Overall, the room was perfectly adequate, clean, and fairly spacious. We did not use the swimming pool or hot tub. We accidentally left some clothing behind in our room, the staff saved it for us, bagged it, tagged it and entered it into the log book. We returned to PHX two(2) weeks later and retrieved our clothes. Thank-you to all the staff there, they were fantastic and we would stay there again. Please remember, that your expectations, may be different than ours, this hotel is older, and does show it's age a bit, however, our stay was great.

Room Tip: request a room away from the Black Canyon Highway, and you will be fine....we were :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I traveled from Canada to see the Grand Canyon. Experiencing the very hot 116 degrees heat long drive, we decided to spend a weekend stay at this hotel. We didn't have an earlier reservation, we just walked-in, tired and wanting to grab a bite. The weekend receptionist was very pleasant and right away made us feel comfortable, like we were back home. While doing her homework on checking us in, our conversation led to asking us our food preference, she was vivacious, gave us useful information on the surrounding restaurants. Wow, what a great worker and mind you, she said she only works part-time in this property. Very excellent service and the studio room was very clean, and the price was very reasonable. If in the future we visit Arizona again, we will definitely stay in this same property.

Room Tip: Ground floor was suitable for us.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nowhere in particular
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have stayed here twice now, each time for 5 days, and have two more stays planned. The hotel is very comfortable and the rooms are very well maintained. I have had two small problems during my stays and the staff has been extremely friendly and helpful and resolved the problems quickly. I look forward to two more stays at this great hotel.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms sometimes get headlights in the windows if they are next to the parking lot. A...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay it was like a mini apartment my husband was really impressed with this hotel. If we come back we will be coming here again.

• Stayed June 2012
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This was my first stay at this property. The room was very clean and comfortable
The staff was very pleasant and extremely helpful
The location is great - close to everything.
This will be my choice for lodging when in Phoenix

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Phoenix? Share your experiences!