We found this Embassy Suites a nice choice for a 3 day Phoenix trip. It is located about a 30 minute drive from the airport and easy to access from the highway. Old Scottsdale is about a 20 minute drive. It was easy to get to restaurants, shopping and other attractions.
We arrived about 40 minutes before the ‘official’ check in time and had to wait about 25 minutes for our room. While complimentary newspapers are provided in the lobby each morning, there are not enough for all guests thus an early morning trip to the lobby is recommended. The front desk staff seemed to be a mix of newbies and informed personnel. One staffer had never heard of the Heard Museum, which we found surprising as it is as major attraction in the Phoenix area, and another gave us incorrect directions to a local restaurant recommended by another staffer. Another gladly printed out directions to other attractions for us.
The hotel is located on a golf course and would suggest you ask for a room on the course side to avoid looking at a parking lot or the street. Our golf course view was not exactly what we envisioned as we also had a pool/patio view and our course view was the primarily the driving range. Our room location also resulted in some noise from the happy hour each evening. Be specific if you don’t want to be close to the pool/patio area. The bedroom in this suite was smaller than ones we’ve had in other Embassy Suites, however both the BR and living area had windows to the outside (patio off the living area) which was nice. The breakfast was fresh cooked omelets, eggs, and pancakes in addition to the buffett. Warning - if you chose an outside table don’t leave any food unattended as the birds are more than ready to partake!
Embassy Suites does need to get with the times and provide complimentary internet service in all rooms!
We did the "stay 3 nights get one night free" special - a great deal. The neighboring area is well maintained and we felt safe and comfortable. We would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casual contemporary atmosphere. Each of our 270 two-room suites features a separate living and sleeping area,private balcony, galley kitchen with microwave, wet bar, refrigerator and coffee maker. Two TV's with remote controls, two phones with high speed internet. Dressing area, in-room safes. All suites have spectacular views of the golf course or surrounding community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Phoenix-Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Phoenix-Scottsdale Hotel Phoenix
- Embassy Suites Scottsdale
- Phoenix Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Scottsdale