After reading all the negative reviews I was wondering if I should change my plans.
Fortunately, I found the JW Desert Ridge to be a pleasant surprise. The entire staff at the hotel was helpful and courteous. The rooms are a decent size with a balcony.Oversized bathrooms. Although the hotel is now 7 years old, the rooms are nicely kept. Beds are very comfortable. I was lucky to a have great view of the pool and golf course. Pools are very nice. Lazy river is great for everyone. Lunch by the pool is fine. They did have some great salads. I found the drinks to be moderately priced compared to other places I've been to. We had a free massage and breakfast package with our room which was a plus. The spa was great. Decent gym with a half dozen treadmills, bikes, etc. Breakfast is expensive, $22/person for the buffet. It is good when the breakfast is free. Otherwise, there is a starbucks and another place to just get cereal. WE did not have dinner in the hotel, but I was told by a friend that the food was very good. We ate at two great restaurants. The Ocean Club in Scottsdale and Donovans Steakhouse. Both are pricey.
All in all, the JW Desert Ridge is a great place to relax.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix Hotel
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort And Spa Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Phoenix
- Marriott Phoenix
- Phoenix Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa provides luxury, unparalleled service, endless recreation and exquisite dining. This desert mountain luxury hotel near Phoenix has Arizona's largest ballroom, a pampering spa, outstanding restaurants and championship golf. Upon arrival, you're greeted with an expansive grand lobby, splashing fountains, stunning floor-to-ceiling windows, sparkling waterways and majestic palm-lined pathways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.