“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix to your Saves list
JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   5350 E Marriott Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85054 (Desert Ridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$100 Nightly Credit
Ranked #10 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Providence, RI
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I attended a conference at this hotel, and I was impressed with all aspects of my stay there. My room was spacious, and squeaky-clean. Room service was excellent. Even my spa appointment was top-notch. My favorite parts were both related to meals: an early-morning breakfast outside on the patio, and a late-night drink around the fire pit. The front desk staff was especially pleasant and helpful, and provided me with a phone charger after I'd realized I'd left mine at home.

I'd return here for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MarriottDesertRidge, Social Media Specialist at JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the review! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience, especially during your meal at our patio and drinks by the fire pit area, and hope to have you stay us again soon!

1,420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

BEST property, I've never stayed at for business and family trips. Staff is great, pools are great.
the rooms are very nice and beds are the best I could ever sleep in...I love this place.

Hotel staff is very helpful with whatever you need. Food is pricey, just stuff is nearby that is cheaper.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My fiancee and I had a wonderful weekend getaway. The spa services were fantastic and I especially loved being served delicious cocktails as I floated in the pool. The staff was friendly and service at the restaurants, pool and bars was fast.

• Stayed August 2013
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

While I would not choose this hotel on a trip for luxurious accommodations for pleasure, it was a great hotel for business purposes. The staff was very helpful and informative and they ran our event expertly. The meeting rooms were well organized and cleaned after each session, the food and beverage stations were always well stocked with good drinks and snacks, including healthy alternatives. All of the meals had a great array of food, including plenty of alternatives for vegetarians. The rooms are adequate, not luxurious, but good for business travel. Room service was amazingly fast (10-15 minutes sometimes). One major complaint was that the air conditioning unit made a loud click each time it turned on or off and I was frequently awakened in the middle of the night.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This resort did a great job and the grounds were beautiful. My wife joined me and enjoyed the spa immensely. Great treatments and pool area in a secluded area. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The restaurants were great.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stayed 2 nights at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge with 7 of my girlfriends to celebrate my birthday. We came up from Tucson to see a concert at the Ak-Chin Pavilion and figured we'd stay overnight before and after the concert. I wanted to stay somewhere with a nice pool area where we could all relax and have fun, and the JW definitely delivered. We enjoyed a couple turns around the lazy river, which is quite long, until it became overrun by a group of loud children playing in the current. When we got tired of the lazy river we made our way up to the uppermost pool, which was quieter, and enjoyed some adult beverages while laying out in the lawn chairs. There is a great mix of shaded and sunny chairs, so the fairer of us could lounge in the shade while the rest worked on our tan nearby.

The rooms were gorgeous and everyone felt thoroughly spoiled on our quick get-a-way. The one thing we disliked about our stay was that the hotel is really quite far from the more happening parts of town, like Mill Ave in Tempe, Scottsdale, and downtown, so when we went out on Saturday night, we had to pay a hefty fee for a car to take us to the hot spots. There is a large shopping center nearby that has every chain restaurant you could want, but if you're main goal is to enjoy the nightlife, I would look for something closer to where you want to go out.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ooltewah, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a softare conference which is held annually, always at various JW Marriott locations. I have to say that I would have rated this hotel at 5 stars had we not stayed last year at the San Antonio property which is almost identical, but just a bit newer, nicer, and with slightly better customer service. Had the hotels not been so similar, I would have probably enjoyed this stay more, or if the stays had been in reverse order. Nevertheless, this is a beautiful resort with incredible views, a relaxing pool oasis, friendly staff, and delicious food. One advantage of this property over its San Antonio cousin is the nearby Desert Ridge Marketplace, a shopping and entertainment venue which offered many fun restaurants and any type of shop you could want- even a grocery store. A convenient free shuttle takes you back and forth to this shopping center. The conference sponsored a western-themed party at the hotel, and the food and atmosphere provided by the hotel were delightful. Conference rooms were easy to access, comfortable, and not ridiculously cold like so many hotel conference areas, and meals served at the conference were all delicious. The lazy river was very refreshing, and due to the time of year during which we visited, the pool area was very quiet and peaceful. I did find it odd that the hotel prohibits bringing drinks or snacks into the pool area; they even search your bags when you enter. I get that they have their own pool bar and snacks, but of course their prices are really high and you are already paying for use of the pool with the hotel's daily resort fee, so is it really too much to ask to bring in your own drink? Anyway, that was a minor issue and for the most part, we really enjoyed our stay at this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix? Share your experiences!