My boyfriend and I spend a weekend in one of the Scottsdale resorts about once every few months. This March, we decided to try the JW Desert Ridge. Most of the reviewers hit the nail on the head around the service. Awesome service at every turn. When comparing to other resorts in the area, however, I would not rank the Desert Ridge in my top 3. We had a miscue about the room reservation and the LPGA tournament was going on so we were happy to get a room. However, we had a room overlooking the front entry circle...not a great view. By reading some of these reviews, I thought there were no "bad" rooms to speak of but definitely want a room on the back side of the hotel. If you have young kids, this is definitely the place to go. Desert Ridge definitely caters to that young crowd with the Lazy River and such. However, as two adults wanting an "escape" the kid scene would not be my choice. We even had to wear wrist bands by the pool on the weekend...guess it is because people just show up at the hotel with kids to play in the pools. That was a bit weird to me.
Otherwise, the setting in the evenings is lovely with music and outdoor heaters and such. We ate at the Italian restaurant one night and had a good pizza. Didn't try the other restaurants other than Sunday brunch and that is your typical great Marriott breakfast buffet.
Netting it out...if you have kids, this is the place to be. If not, you may want to choose one of the other fine Scottsdale resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa provides luxury, unparalleled service, endless recreation and exquisite dining. This desert mountain luxury hotel near Phoenix has Arizona's largest ballroom, a pampering spa, outstanding restaurants and championship golf. Upon arrival, you're greeted with an expansive grand lobby, splashing fountains, stunning floor-to-ceiling windows, sparkling waterways and majestic palm-lined pathways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort And Spa Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Phoenix
- Marriott Phoenix
- Phoenix Marriott