“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3422 East Elwood Street, University & I-10, Phoenix, AZ 85040 (South Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Breakfast Included
Ranked #28 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
San Gabriel, Ca
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We needed a place to stay for 2 nights in Phoenix to attend the Indian Market at the Pueblo Grande Museum. The staff at the hotel was attentive to our needs and the room/suite was very nice. The bed was so comfortable. The bathroom was clean & well stocked for our stay. The hotel is near the airport but you wouldn't have known it as there was no noise from the airport flights. We ate at the breakfast buffet and the food was very good as was the restaurant service. We will stay here again & recommend it to our fellow travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We needed a one night hotel stay for an early morning flight out of Phoenix. There were a number to pick from, but I usually have good luck with Hiltons; and I was not disappointed with this one.
The price is crazy good; $79 didn't seem possible. The room (3rd floor) is very spacious and clean with a kichennette, work desk, nice sitting area with sofa, chair and table, a king size bed, a separate place to do my makeup and a nice bathroom. The view out the back is not so nice, and although they do have windows with screens, they have them locked down so that we couldn't open the windows more than a millimeter which was annoying! We sat by the pool for a few minutes, and it was quite nice.
It's close to the airport and also only about 5 miles from downtown Tempe which has a great assortment of restaurants and bars. (Highly recommend Caffe' Boa on Mill Street). My only complaint is that the don't have Bravo TV, but they do have HGTV so they get 5 stars anyway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

During a recent business trip to Phoenix, I need a place to stay that was near the meeting and also close to the airport. I chose this hotel from having stayed there in the past. The staff was friendly and polite. The room was clean, neat and comfortable. The hotel grounds and interior were well taken care of. This trip I did not need to use the restaurant, but have done so in past visits. The food was very good and satisfying at those times. An added bonus that I needed was the airport shuttle. I will use this Hilton again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Due to flight changes I had to spend the night when traveling home through PHX. Since it was a unexpected overnight stay I chose this property because of it's proximity to the hotel and free shuttle service and I got lucky. The staff was very friendly and the room was really nice. I wouldn't be surprised if this property was recently updated as the lobby and room furnishings and decor were quite nice. It was also a good value for the money even when booking at the last minute.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I opted for this hotel so I could be near the airport and take advantage of the shuttle service. (Which was also excellent - as far as service). Everyone is very polite and the room was clean and comfortable. I always choose this brand because they have been very consistent. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This location was perfect for us as it was just off the Interstate as we were driving through town. Although it was right off the highway and near the airport, it was very quiet. The hotel was very attractive and the staff was very accommodating and professional. We chose the "hot cooked to order breakfast" option at booking and were not disappointed. They had a cook to order omelet station set up with many toppings and a friendly "chef". He also offered to prepare pancakes, french toast or waffles. There were a number of other dishes available including potatoes, fruit, etc. and a variety of juices (not watered down as hotel juices often are). There is a Waffle House across the parking lot (FYI...just so you know!).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scarsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night at the beginning and at the end of our recent trip to Arizona. We had none of the problems mentioned in previous reviews. We were able to stay here without a car since breakfast and dinner were both available at the hotel. We dropped our car off at the airport the evening before our flight and took the shuttle in the morning. The decor in the lobby and room were quite nice, a higher standard than we would have expected. The staff, including the shuttle was prompt, friendly and efficient. The food was actually good for a small side operation of an apt. hotel. We had no noise or odor problems of any kind. All in all, a great place to stay before or after a trip!

Room Tip: We had no problems on the 3rd floor