“Horrible, dirty, and smokey” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave.

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave. to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2102 West Dunlap Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites) (North Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #159 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Tucson, Arizona
“Horrible, dirty, and smokey”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went up to Phoenix for a quick night with family, and a reservation was made for us at the Homestead. When we walked into the "non-smoking" room, it reeked of old smoke - the kind that is deep in the walls. I took my shoes off and the carpet was crunchy under my feet. I never let my feet touch the carpet again. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on, the sheets were scratchy, and the pillows were horrible.

We opened the windows to help with the smoke smell, and there were "transactions" being made in the parking lot all night - I honestly don't want to know what kind.

As someone else said in their review - KEEP DRIVING!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, November 7, 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have to admit after reading all the reviews of this property I was worried it would be a disaster. I had been on the road all day with my pets and it was day 3 so I really was not up for any surprises. This property is very close to downtown. The rooms are clean and the beds are a bit to firm for my taste. I was able to have my pet here however I was surprised with a 25.00pet fee plus a 75.00 refundable damage fee that they have you pay upfront. Surprise!!!!. I was able to have the first floor nonsmoking room. It was quiet and I have to admit I was not sure how it was gonna go. My dog is still laid out on the bed she is as tired as I am with all this travel. Its ok it doesn't match other places I have been but so far so good

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hannah A, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, October 16, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Phoenix - Metro Center. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Peoria, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This place was a dump. I personally witnessed drugs being sold and i suspect prostitution taking place upon my arrival in the parking lot. The tile in my room was so nasty that my shoes stick to it. The paint on the walls had been touched up with a color that did not match. The bed was hard and noisy when any movement occurred. If i hadn't booked through a third party, i would have cancelled and left. I definately would not have stayed there if my family had been with me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Phoenix - Metro Center. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology. Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. We also know that a comfortable bed is our guest’s most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer’s preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a “home away from home” experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn’t interfere your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Upland, Calif.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I understand when you stay in an extended stay motel to not expect a worldclass hotel, but this place could be much better. Check in was real easy and the front desk people were great.That being said the room was something out of an old motel 6. Beds were shoved as close to the door as possible to allow room for fridge and cooktop. Cracks in walls throughout and just an overall not clean feel and smell to the place. 2 queen bed room with only 1 chair in the place. Closet door were removed and old wire shelves put up around the room helped and tio the cheap feel. Won't be coming back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Check-in was quick and painless. Rooms are basic, functional, and clean. My room was a one bedroom studio with a large bed, fully equipped kitchen with stove (no regular oven), microwave, and refrigerator, with a large breakfast bar that also doubled as a work desk. The only issue I encountered is that there as a mild, funky smell when I entered the room - smelled a bit like spoiled milk. I checked but could not find a source for the smell, but since I was only going to be there one night, it didn't matter. Looking at some of the other recent reviews, I didn't encounter any of the issues that others have reported. I did not use the wireless internet service (there is an extra charge for it), since I bring my own mobile wi-fi hotspot. Hotel is convenient to I-17. Note - If you book this hotel, be sure to check out the brand's website, as various discounts (AAA, senior, weekend specials) are available. If you're a first time visitor to the website, you can sometimes snag an additional $10 off the quoted rates.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I booked a non-smoking suite SEVEN weeks in advance, yet they had none when we checked in. They had no other rooms and this was close to our meeting, so we had to stay in this smelly cave. The management refused our request for a refund for our inconvenience. They had a take it or leave it attitude. The clerk said just because we reserved a non-smoking room didn't guarantee that we would actually get one. What??? Then why offer non-smoking rooms?

The bathroom floor was sticky and dirt was in the corners. There was no lock mechanism in the bathroom door, just door knobs. Blue nail polish was splattered on the bathroom wall and waste basket. The kitchen had one skillet to cook in -- no sauce pans. The upholstered chairs were frayed down to the stuffing, and the carpet was dirty. Don't stay here or any other brand that this corporation owns.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
blythe, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Me and three relatives were going to stay here as I had a business meeting on the weekend. There were drunk guys hanging outside the rooms, women that looked like "working girls." One ine room the first thing we saw was a bug crawling across the bed! In the other room we rented the bathroom door was taped up as it was falling apart. I asked for non-smoking but the entire room was baked in cigarette smell! It smells like mildew right outside the front desk. There is no seperation between the toilet and the shower. This place was horrible, beyond belief. SAVE YOUR MONEY! THE ROOMS MAY BE CHEAP BUT THEY ARE HORRIBLE AND INCREDIBLY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., responded to this review, December 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Phoenix - Metro Center. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave.

Address: 2102 West Dunlap Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix > North Mountain
Ranked #159 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Phoenix Metro Hotel Phoenix
Extended Stay America Phoenix

If you own or manage Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.