“Good Hotel, with great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn North Phoenix

You added Holiday Inn North Phoenix to your Saves list
Holiday Inn North Phoenix
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12027 North 28th Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85029 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Hotel at Metro Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #94 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Houston
“Good Hotel, with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a modern hotel with a great lobby and rooms. The television is flat screen and up to date and the bathroom is on the mode of a European type bathroom. No tub, but extended half glassed shower.

The room was clean and organized. There were a few things like being able to tell some of the old stuff was sort of cheaply covered up, but that had no impact on the quality of the stay.

The staff was great....Including Amber who manned the front desk in the evening....This hotel is has to be well managed, because frankly it is a somewhat mixed area which means this place could go either way depending on who is manning the fort...... once you turn into their parking area, it is safe, warm and inviting.

I saw a ton of people eating at the hotel, but was not able to do so myself. Since they seemed to be happy and having fun, I guess the place was good.

Room Tip: If you want sleep, get a room on the other side of the swimming pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIPHXNO, General Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our Holiday Inn. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. It gives me great pleasure to hear that our staff went above and beyond to give you the best service. If you need anything please give us a call we are happy to assist you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Surf City USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Small property adjacent to I-17 & Cactus that seems to have recently remodeled rooms. The decor in the rooms is very nice. Free wireless. The beds are truly comfortable & the linens brand new & good quality. Hot water pressure in our room was a little wimpy, but loved the glass & tile motif. In room coffee maker was appreciated, but the quality of the coffee was not tasty. The only alternative was to go to the Tandoori Times restaurant adjacent to the lobby. We didn't eat there but a lot of people seemed to. Not a lot to do in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Good value for travelers looking for a freeway-close place for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for the kind words and we are glad that you enjoyed the renovation and your stay. If there is anything we can do in the future we are here to assist you.
Cave Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have seen this hotel since I was a child back in the 80's and it always been a Ramada Inn getting run down with the area of town. Holiday Inn took over and revamped the place. So hey it was New Years Eve and decided to come back to my old neighborhood and celebrate with friends and rented a great room at a nice price and get more membership points. Checked in and first impression was they really put their money into this hotel to bring up the surrounding area that's aged and degrading. Modern feel. Friendly front desk help. Walked down the hallway to the elevators and noticed a musty smell in the hallway. Maybe from all the renovations and paint? Or possibly since they allow pets? Just didn't have that usual clean hotel smell even versus other Holiday Inns I visited. Boarded the elevator, the other was broken. The elevator had graffiti which didn't surprise me considering the neighborhood. 4th floor smelt clean. Entered my room and was amazed at the modern look, quality for the dollar and everything I got for only $65.00. Even a full-size walk-in shower...blown away. I put my things away and get ready for the evening. As I exited the shower a ROACH came out of a crack in the wall. And another followed behind!! 1/2 inch long. I had things to do and they personally don't bother me and they stayed in the shower and I quickly got ready since I had better things to do. Once ready, I called the front desk to have them remove the unwanted visitors. I figured a paying customer would not have to take care of this task (which I did not). The lady upfront was shocked on the phone and said no one was available to come up and rid of the bugs and she offered me a new room which I accepted (due to low staffing on the holiday). The new room wasn't what I expected. Had the typical tub/shower all in one combo and the bed was rock hard. We both woke up with back aches in the morning and did not sleep well...luckily my guest was unaware of the roach problems or she would have 86'd the room, even with being in a bug free room.....At least I didn't notice anything creeping and crawling in that room. Also every 30 seconds all night a chirping sound like of a smoke alarm battery warning. Couldn't figure out where it was coming from since the smoke detector was near us and the sound was a bit further off. I ignored it but didn't help me get to sleep. As I noticed in the rooms you can see the revamp work where there is areas over painted, areas not painted, just the little stuff that lets you know someone was trying to save a $ or make even more $ off of Holiday Inn for the renov project. Had it not been for the bugs and downgrade of room I would re-consider this hotel for a night I shouldn't be on the road. But I will kindly pass by this hotel and visit one further down the I-17. And by the way the towels have harsh amounts of soap residue; so even if you have minor skin sensitivities you will be itching like I am while typing the review.

Room Tip: Room 421 is Bugged!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are looking to improve this matter so that it does not happen in the future. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
Rawlins, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Horrible , really.. Worst part of North Phoenix, prostitutes in the street in fornt of the hotel... AND an INDIAN restaurant inside the hotel.. The whole hotel smelled like Curry.. and they actually had me sign a statement stating that I would not smoke in my room... Hahaha. really? Like 1 billion Indians smoke like fiends...
I would never ever stay there agian..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HIPHXNO, General Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you had with your reservation. We hope that you give us another chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
Southern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I purchased my room through a discount website so I didn't know where I'd be staying until after paying. I vow to NEVER stay here again! Horrible experience. This hotel is in a very poor location. First night, turned down the bedding, some sort of slight dark stain on the sheet. Left a note for housekeeping the next day & they changed the sheets. We stayed for four nights & the sheets were only changed that one time. When I paid for the room, my paperwork showed my rate included continental breakfast each morning. However, once we were staying there the front desk manager said they could no longer offer a complimentary breakfast due to some regulation they were breaking. I contacted the discount hotel website's customer service, they contacted the hotel manager, and they refused to do anything about the extra money my husband and I had to pay for breakfast each morning, said we were getting a great rate. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HIPHXNO, General Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here before and afrer our trip out of PHX............ bartenders cologne so overpowered out drinks and food that was all we smelled. Menu was so bad we left and went someplace else to eat - and the front desk was absolutely NO help in finding a restaurant. We got told she wasn't from around there and didn't know th restaurants!!!!! Room smelled of smoke - could be the employees smoke hole around the corner!!!!!!!!!!! We returned to a curt front desk and a shortage of pillows inour room............. NEVER stay here

Room Tip: NEVER stay here - great location but you can do better and have nicer rooms and certainly nicer fron...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIPHXNO, General Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for the feedback on our staff’s performance during your stay. Our guest comments are the best way for us to evaluate the service the staff is providing. As a new hotel we a constantly providing our staff with training to update them on guest expectations. We hope if you return to the Phoenix area you will give us the chance to show you how much we have improved.
Brentwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn North Phoenix during a recent business trip. I was greeted by a friendly front desk clerk, Carla. She provided excellent service. She checked me in quickly and provided useful information on the hotel. Hotel staff is professional and couteous. Hotel is conveniently located next to I-17 and is minutes away from the airport and downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel. Every review is important to us as we strive to deliver the best guest experience. We hope to serve you again in the near future. We will make sure that Carla is recognized for her efforts!

Been to Holiday Inn North Phoenix? Share your experiences!