“WoW Really?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn North Phoenix

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn North Phoenix to your Saves list
Holiday Inn North Phoenix
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12027 North 28th Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85029 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Hotel at Metro Center) (North Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #94 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Rawlins, Wyoming
“WoW Really?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Horrible , really.. Worst part of North Phoenix, prostitutes in the street in fornt of the hotel... AND an INDIAN restaurant inside the hotel.. The whole hotel smelled like Curry.. and they actually had me sign a statement stating that I would not smoke in my room... Hahaha. really? Like 1 billion Indians smoke like fiends...
I would never ever stay there agian..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HIPHXNO, General Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you had with your reservation. We hope that you give us another chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Southern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I purchased my room through a discount website so I didn't know where I'd be staying until after paying. I vow to NEVER stay here again! Horrible experience. This hotel is in a very poor location. First night, turned down the bedding, some sort of slight dark stain on the sheet. Left a note for housekeeping the next day & they changed the sheets. We stayed for four nights & the sheets were only changed that one time. When I paid for the room, my paperwork showed my rate included continental breakfast each morning. However, once we were staying there the front desk manager said they could no longer offer a complimentary breakfast due to some regulation they were breaking. I contacted the discount hotel website's customer service, they contacted the hotel manager, and they refused to do anything about the extra money my husband and I had to pay for breakfast each morning, said we were getting a great rate. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HIPHXNO, General Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are looking to improve this matter so that it does not happen in the future. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here before and afrer our trip out of PHX............ bartenders cologne so overpowered out drinks and food that was all we smelled. Menu was so bad we left and went someplace else to eat - and the front desk was absolutely NO help in finding a restaurant. We got told she wasn't from around there and didn't know th restaurants!!!!! Room smelled of smoke - could be the employees smoke hole around the corner!!!!!!!!!!! We returned to a curt front desk and a shortage of pillows inour room............. NEVER stay here

Room Tip: NEVER stay here - great location but you can do better and have nicer rooms and certainly nicer fron...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIPHXNO, General Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for the feedback on our staff’s performance during your stay. Our guest comments are the best way for us to evaluate the service the staff is providing. As a new hotel we a constantly providing our staff with training to update them on guest expectations. We hope if you return to the Phoenix area you will give us the chance to show you how much we have improved.
Brentwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn North Phoenix during a recent business trip. I was greeted by a friendly front desk clerk, Carla. She provided excellent service. She checked me in quickly and provided useful information on the hotel. Hotel staff is professional and couteous. Hotel is conveniently located next to I-17 and is minutes away from the airport and downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel. Every review is important to us as we strive to deliver the best guest experience. We hope to serve you again in the near future. We will make sure that Carla is recognized for her efforts!
Payson, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Good room for a great price.
Check in was quick.
The staff was very friendly.
Area around the hotel not as bad as I thought it would be.
Room decor was up to date.
Don't forget to get your breakfast tickets.
There are lots of restaurants within 5 minutes of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel during your recent stay with us. We are very happy you found everything to your liking and we look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I would like to extend my gratitude during my visit at Holiday Inn located in North Phoenix. I was impressed by the amount of hospitality shown by everyone especially during busy operating hours. I didn’t expect to be treated with such pleasant attitude and with that type of customer service it may me feel like home. I was greeted with a pleasing smile by the lovely Asian young woman at the front desk receptionist and she explained everything in great detail. This place is not nearly close to being a 5 star Hotel but for the price I paid I was treated with respect and given the exemplary treatment you would expect from a well known Hotel. The room was excellent and was neat and tidy. If there is one issue that needed immediate attention it would be the complimentary breakfast. Speaking from my experience it should be looked over and needed an immediate make over, other than that simple concern I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and would not hesitate to do business with them in the near future. Great Job you guys.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HIPHXNO, Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our Holiday Inn. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. It gives me great pleasure to hear that our staff went above and beyond to give you the best service. If you need anything please give us a call we are happy to assist you
New Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

It was quite a surprise. The eggs were really bad. Ahhh also, the water was cold, i guess when you live in the cold world, you always need hot water. What was wrong with the swimming pool again? I actually can't remember.
All the same, i loved where i stayed, very nice room and quite accommodating-loved the location coz most of the things i had to take care of where in Phoenix, Mesa and Glendale which was not that far.
Not a place for me to stay in 2 though

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn North Phoenix? Share your experiences!