“Oct 18th Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn North Phoenix

You added Holiday Inn North Phoenix to your Saves list
Holiday Inn North Phoenix
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12027 North 28th Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85029 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Hotel at Metro Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #102 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Brentwood, California
“Oct 18th Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn North Phoenix during a recent business trip. I was greeted by a friendly front desk clerk, Carla. She provided excellent service. She checked me in quickly and provided useful information on the hotel. Hotel staff is professional and couteous. Hotel is conveniently located next to I-17 and is minutes away from the airport and downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HIPHXNO, General Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel. Every review is important to us as we strive to deliver the best guest experience. We hope to serve you again in the near future. We will make sure that Carla is recognized for her efforts!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Payson, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Good room for a great price.
Check in was quick.
The staff was very friendly.
Area around the hotel not as bad as I thought it would be.
Room decor was up to date.
Don't forget to get your breakfast tickets.
There are lots of restaurants within 5 minutes of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
HIPHXNO, General Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel during your recent stay with us. We are very happy you found everything to your liking and we look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I would like to extend my gratitude during my visit at Holiday Inn located in North Phoenix. I was impressed by the amount of hospitality shown by everyone especially during busy operating hours. I didn’t expect to be treated with such pleasant attitude and with that type of customer service it may me feel like home. I was greeted with a pleasing smile by the lovely Asian young woman at the front desk receptionist and she explained everything in great detail. This place is not nearly close to being a 5 star Hotel but for the price I paid I was treated with respect and given the exemplary treatment you would expect from a well known Hotel. The room was excellent and was neat and tidy. If there is one issue that needed immediate attention it would be the complimentary breakfast. Speaking from my experience it should be looked over and needed an immediate make over, other than that simple concern I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and would not hesitate to do business with them in the near future. Great Job you guys.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HIPHXNO, Manager at Holiday Inn North Phoenix, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our Holiday Inn. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. It gives me great pleasure to hear that our staff went above and beyond to give you the best service. If you need anything please give us a call we are happy to assist you
New Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

It was quite a surprise. The eggs were really bad. Ahhh also, the water was cold, i guess when you live in the cold world, you always need hot water. What was wrong with the swimming pool again? I actually can't remember.
All the same, i loved where i stayed, very nice room and quite accommodating-loved the location coz most of the things i had to take care of where in Phoenix, Mesa and Glendale which was not that far.
Not a place for me to stay in 2 though

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
las vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Decent hotel in a slightly sketchy area of town. Easy to access but not somewhere where I would ever walk around! Front desk staff was nice, but busy. The rooms were updated but banged up a bit. Yet, I appreciated the decor,etc.

The "BUFFET" was a horrible excuse for anything. A small container of eggs, some bread with a broken toaster, plastic wrapped, store-bought danishes, and bad juice. It seriously looked like a forgotten area of the hotel located behind this dark wall. It was awful. Everyone kept looking at it and walking back to their rooms. What a dissapointment! Don't list it as a "Buffet" because it was the furthest thing from it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I didnt get the room i was offered. the girl at the front desk wasn't helpful at all she didn't even know the room types. She had me wait more than an hour in the lobby just to let me know that she didn't have the room I wanted. The restaurant staff wasn't very welcoming. I would not recommend this hotel. I doubt I will ever come back to it. they need to really work on customer service. The Next morning I went and spoke to another lady at the front desk and then again she wasn't very helpful and all she could say was sorry. I am very very disappointed with their customer service. They need to remember that we as guests are the ones I keep them in business.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for the feedback on our staff’s performance during your stay. Our guest comments are the best way for us to evaluate the service the staff is providing. As a new hotel we a constantly providing our staff with training to update them on guest expectations. We hope if you return to the Phoenix area you will give us the chance to show you how much we have improved.
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this property for 6 nights in June.
For a hotel that re-opened after a multi-million dollar renovation six months ago, I was truly disappointed. The condition of the property was distressed, and three evenings out of the six I was there, I had to walk past piles of dirty linens balled up in the common area hallways (first floor). At 9:00 pm, I'm guessing these aren't going anywhere until the Hskpg staff returns in the am.
The passenger elevators had grafitti scrtached into the finishes, and a soda spilled on the floor onf one that had been there long enough that it had dried to tacky, and had been tracked out of the elevator and down hallways. I made the Front Desk aware, but there was a long lapse before anything was done to clean it up, or it''s resulting mess.
Housekeeping was hit and miss, with more broken packets of coffee being left in the room, than not. The continental breakfast was a real disappointment. I travel often, and typically stay at HI Express. I expected something similar, and was grossly disappointed. This buffet had eggs, toast, mini-muffin, coffee, and juice. One morning, there was packaged sweet rolls. Be sure you bring your breakfast ticket with you, or you'll be making the pilgrimage back to your room to retrieve it if you want your breakfast.
Lastly, there were only two persons out of five that I interacted with during the week at the Front Desk that had any level of professionalism. Between another room trying to charge room service to my room number (multiple times), to chronic issue with my key card losing it's reading, I was glad to leave and travel home.
I originally chose this location for it's proximity to my needs, and the fact that it was a 6-mo old renovated property. I won't be staying at this location again - not with the multiple opportunties that exist in this market.

Room Tip: Be sure not to choose the 1st level. The elevator bank is located halfway down the hall, so there i...