“Awesome views and informative as well.” 5 of 5 stars

+1 480-448-2004
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Sonoran Desert's Premiere Guided Hiking Company. 1/2 Day and customized hiking for all skill levels (or no skills at all!) Trail guides are all First Aid/CPR certified. Safety is first followed by one of the most unique activities in the great Sonoran Desert. Many mountains and trails are used throughout the Valley of The Sun. Our hikes range from 2-4+ hours, depending on the trail and the group. Guests learn about the native flora and fauna and about the ancient Native American peoples who made this arid land home for many years. Trivia games are played with questions such as does it snow in Phoenix? What was the lowest and highest temperatures recorded? Do planes get grounded when it's "too hot?" The views from atop many of the mountains are absolutely stunning. We also offer guided hikes in Tucson, 2 hours to our south in Pima County. For more details, call our Guest Services lines.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome views and informative as well.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Having a guide is a must! You learn while hiking. Plus, the incredible views. It was a great experience. I highly recommend "Hike in Phoenix".

Visited November 2013

Tucson
“Great service, great time! They deliver what they promised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I moved to Tucson within the past year and don't know anyone here. I'm a real outdoor junkie, so I was eager to get hiking and get information about some of the best trails in the area. Hike in Tucson lived up to my expectations. I experienced two hikes that showed me beautiful trails. The guides provided great tips and information about the area. Time well spent. I would recommend Hike in Tucson ! Kate Gorman

Visited October 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful scenery and interesting history of Hohokams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I never knew I would learn so much on a hike in the Sonoran Desert! Our "Hike in Tucson' guide guide knew a great deal about the Hohokam and gave us a series of informative talks at each archeological site we came across during our hike. It was fascinating to hear about the landscape and how the Hohokam used every resource available. Then the last part of the hike, we treked over some beautiful land. What a great way to spend the day outdoors!

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Great service and experience...from the start!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I had made a sudden decision to go to Grand Canyon via Phoenix, and we booked the hike in Phoenix through Expedia.com. Fred took care of us from the start, and even gave us a lot of tips of places to eat, where to go, what to wear, what we need to be aware of since we were from the East Coast and not used to Arizona weather. We felt so taken care of, and the call Fred gave us totally set us up for a really great trip!

Our guide was great, really friendly and had so many stories and tidbits to share. Since he has had so much experience hiking, we also felt taken care of throughout the hike, and my husband and I were really glad that we booked this!

I totally recommend this!!!!

Visited September 2012
South Jersey
18 attraction reviews
“Glad to have a hiking guide - kept us safe, and entertained us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

While visiting friends who live in Phoenix, they suggested a guided hike. I wondered about the need to pay a guide, but I'm glad I did. There have been several people hurt or killed while hiking some of these mountains, and they were all due to not having a guide. Our guide kept us on the safety of the trails, made sure we stayed hydrated, explained the history of the area and pointed out all of the cacti and other plants we saw.

They have hikes for all levels of abilities (I took a medium range hike) and their phone people are great. They spent time talking with me before making the reservation to be sure that what was planned for me was appropriate for my range of ability. It was great having them help like that.

Without a guide, it would be very easy to attempt a hike that's too hard or strenuous and it's also easy to go off the trail and become lost.

I highly recommend Hike In Phoenix and would definitely use them again.

Visited March 2012