“Great modern hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
London
“Great modern hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed for one night, having arrived from the UK, before heading to Sedona. Great central location. Staff, especially at reception was outstanding, less so in the bar. Rooms are very spacious and modern. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good. Can highly recommend to stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
So glad we could make your stay in AZ a great one. Hope you enjoyed Sedona

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel was average in total. The rooms were clean and on site service was fine but nothing special by any stretch. The lobby store was only open by request?? The bar is tiny and not welcoming and honestly there is nothing to do in the area what so ever. Also, they gave us late checkout on Sunday which was very nice or so we thought. The staff knocked on our door every 45min to see if we left yet, perplexing. In general is ok but nothing great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and I am sorry we did not exceeded your expectations. It is our goal to go above and beyond all gust expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss further.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was an awesome hotel. I would say the best i have ever stayed in (I have stayed in a couple of 5 star hotels but this is at a different class) Everything was sleek, modern and looked 2020. The front desk people were helpful and polite and even helped me find free parking around the block. I stayed in this hotel for a good deal and would definitely go back to it when i visit Phoenix.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Azy_Ahmed
Todd I, Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments we love it when we exceed our guest expectations!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Business travel normally means all sorts of excuses to skip my workout and eat outside my normal diet. Between the beautiful rooftop pool, spotless entertaining gym and extensive healthy food choices in the restaurant and from room service; it was an easy pleasure to keep myself feeling my best on my visit to the Westin Downtown Phoenix. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and accommodating. The property was conveniently located for both catching the train to outlying meetings and walking to all points downtown. The room itself was well appointed, spacious, and difficult to leave at the end of my trip. Can't wait to find another reason to head to Phoenix!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for all your amazing feedback. We love it when we exceed your guest’s expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Even though Phoenix isn't full of things to do (we were visiting for 2 nights for a concert) The Westin is a must stay if you're ever in the area.
Very helpful and friendly staff (Special mention to Andrea who was amazing!!!)
Rooms were massive and super clean.
Currently staying at The Westin Time Square.....Clearly Phoenix's older, uglier, ruder cousin....

• Stayed September 2013
New Providence, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a long overdue review of the Westin Phoenix downtown. I am east coast based and recently worked for a client in the downtown Phoenix area. My responsibility to the client and the work had me in Phoenix for about ten months in total. On average, I spent 2.5 weeks per month on site. The back and forth travel was grueling at times but the Westin was always the bright spot. First, I can't say enough about the associates. Everyone from Don at the bar to everyone at the front desk went above and beyond. Yes I came to know almost everyone there, but they also came to know me (and my colleague). I was always greeted cheerfully and genuinely. The restaurant was excellent, the bar was comfortable and like other reviews here, the rooms were immaculate. Spacious, clean and floor to ceiling windows for nice views. As a Starwood member, I occasionally scored the larger rooms and suites and they were even more spectacular.

I highly recommend this property. It is convenient to the light rail (directly across the street). Without a car, I was able to travel all over including ASU and the Mill Road area. I even managed to use light rail from the Westin to get to Tempe Marketplace (I did have to walk a bit after the rail stop but it was so worth it).

Within walking distance are plenty of excellent restaurants and bars. Check out Hanny's and ask to see the downstairs attraction. Also, the pretzels and beer at the Arrogant Butcher are a must.

I will definitely return to this property whether or not for business. Of all the major brands in the area, the Westin is a sure win.

Room Tip: All views are nice but I enjoyed facing the Hyatt and watching the air traffic come into Sky Harbor...
Green Features: They offer a green choice upon check-in. I like the idea but since I was working a lot, I liked having the room attended to. They also offer a voucher if you opt in for their green choice. I forget the value, but it is a nice incentive.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the wonderful review and I am so happy that the associates made you feel at home. As someone who grew up in N.J. I understand how difficult that trip can be when you have to do it often. Thank you for choosing the Westin and your loyalty.
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This property was a welcome surprise! The rooms are spacious, well appointed and very comfortable. The views of the ASU downtown campus and the old Westward Ho hotel are spectacular. Off-season rates are more than competitive and I would not hesitate to stay here again when business takes me to Phoenix.

There is minus side though... The Westin charges for in room internet service which is rather bothersome in this day and age. Add to that, they have a very slow connection but offer an upgrade to faster service for more money. This is the kind of treatment that travelers expect from airlines but should not have to put up with from hotels. Also, the hotel was nearly empty upon checked out but it took about 20 minutes for the valet to bring up my car. For a $28 parking fee, they should be able to do better than this when they are not busy. Aside from these two disappointments, my stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Walter O
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Westin Phoenix Downtown. I understand that paying internet and parking can be an unpleasant surprise, however our parking rates as well as our internet charge is in line with what all the other downtown hotels are currently charging. Thank you for choosing the Westin Phoenix Downtown to be your home during your time in Phoenix.