“Solid hotel for a business trip!” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersGold level
Playa Vista, California, United States
“Solid hotel for a business trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hotel:

Modern, clean and centrally located. Lived up to my expectations of Westin.
Rooms are comfortable, I'm a platinum and was upgraded to a larger suite room and I have to say they did a great job with designing the bathrooms :). SPG recognition seems to be great at this hotel. I've stayed here 2-3 times in the past year.

We valet'd our car but I didn't see a charge so not sure if it's free? I didn't book a parking free room but that was cool :). You can call ahead and they will have the car waiting downstairs.

Exec room was a 3/5 stars. Staff was attentive and very friendly and it's nice as well but the breakfast was so limited and they had the same exact thing every day. I guess I've had the pleasure of experiencing better exec lounge quality of food in other westin's so my expectations are a little off. Traveling for businesss so much it's always nice when they put a little more effort on quality and variety in the exec. lounge food; just sayin'!

Staff:

Friendly, attentive and just really positive. Made our trip that much more pleasant.

Overall would highly recommend!

Green Features: They offer 500points for no house keeping, great choice if you dont really need daily housekeeping!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. In the future when having breakfast in the club lounge please feel free to request something that may not be offered that day. Our attendant would be happy to accommodate your needs. Hope to see you again on your next trip to downtown Phoenix.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Perranporth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Having just spent a fantastic 2 weeks touring Arizona and Nevada we returned to the Westin Downtown Phoenix for our final nights stay before flying back to London. By the time we leave the hotel we will have spent in excess of $500 excluding any main restaurant meals and drinks. The second single night stay we decided to use the lower rate as didn't need club access, especially as we were leaving at 4.30am the next morning. When we arrived we tried to log onto the web onto to be told that we would be charged $15. I questioned this with the receptionist only to be told that the front desk manager said that this was correct and there is nothing they could do. So you spend $500 on a two night stay but have to pay for wifi. The total spend would have been allot more but I refused to eat in the hotel as I was not prepared to give the Westin anymore money. Poor service does not deserve extra custom. The bill would have been at least another $200 if I had eaten in the hotel, so sacrificing a $15 charge does not seem to be asking allot. The outside hotel eating venues I found were great! I'll give those fantastic reviews separately. Over the last two weeks we have stayed at Mandarin Orientals, Four Seasons hotels who have not charged for Internet. The fact is that I could of gone across the road to McDonald's to enjoy a $0.50 ice cream cone and get free wifi. Westin - please take note. It's does not cost you that much to get wifi so do not charge your customer. Other things to watch, $28 for valet parking which is a 30 second drive around the back, pool photos on Westin website exaggerate a pool which is bath tub size. General outdoor seating area is very poorly maintained with tiles either missing or broken. As a result I will never stay at this hotel again and certainly question the Westin hotels in future. Very disappointing as a SPG account holder.

• Stayed August 2013
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I thank you very much for your feedback and am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here at the Westin Phoenix Downtown. I would like to note that our fees are constant with all the other surrounding hotels in the city however we do offer several packages that would include these fees for future stays. Please feel free to call the hotel directly and ask for the manager on duty if you would like to discuss further.
merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel was fantastic, it boasted spectacular views, fantastic facilities and amazing staff. The hotel was beautiful and the scenery was breath-taking. There is a picturesque lake surrounding the complex with lots of wild-life. Nearby there was lots to do; including lazy river at the hotel, lots of shopping and a old Indian village a short drive away. Well worth going to see. The rooms were spacious, modern and clean. Would love to visit again! 10/10 A*+

Green Features: The staff were well trained on the environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We spent the night here when our AC went out; and we so very pleased with nearly every aspect of the stay.

The hotel is spotless clean, the bathrooms are spacious and the rooms comfortable. The bed was huge, and the linens were very fresh. Water is provided complimentary, and as opposed to most hotel coffee, they supplied Starbucks.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The bar is well stocked and reasonably priced; and its one of our favorite places to go even without staying at the hotel.

Overnight parking is a bit expensive, but in downtown phoenix your options are limited to street parking and garages that are a brisk walk away.

Room Tip: Sign up for the SPG; or ask for a North Facing room for a view of the valley, south view to enjoy th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I am so happy we could make you comfortable during a stressful time in your life. It’s our goal to make your experience one that is calming and renewing and it sounds like we were able to do that. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
Cerritos, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

got a great rate on the weekend since this is a business hotel in downtown Phoenix.
The room was clean. The decor was modern. The personnel was friendly even with my poor attitude towards the parking.
Only reason I do not give it 5 stars is due to the parking. I really can't believe there is not self parking at a hotel this size. We were told we can go to the public parking facility. Really? yes I was very unhappy about the parking which would be my ONLY hesitation to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive comments and I am sorry you found our parking arrangements unacceptable; currently the hotel does not have a self parking option due to our downtown location. Thank you again for staying at the Westin and hope to see you in the future.
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here so that we could have a girls night out at a concert at the nearby Crescent Ballroom. Hotel was right on the light rail, which we took to the Heard and the airport. Riding the rail to the airport was okay but involved dragging the bags--next time would just do the $20 cab. Pool very small but pretty. We still enjoyed it. Staff very helpful at recommending good places to eat. Allowed us an early check in and late check out. Would stay again!

Green Features: They will give you a $5 food credit for every day that you don't change your sheets.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Todd I, General Manager at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you so much for all your positive feedback. The light rail will be improving from the airport in the very near future to make it much easier for travelers to get to our hotel. Thank you again and look forward to your return.
Dearborn, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went with my and my fiancee for one night in Phoenix. The hotel was inexpensive for the location, and the room blew me away. HUGE tall ceilings, HUGE window with a great view, and a wonderful and comfortable bed. TONS of room. Check in was the fastest I've ever seen, as was checkout. The only hang up I had was the $28 valet parking, but that's typical of a downtown location anywhere. I'll stay here again, everytime, if I'm in Phoenix.

Green Features: Had to use your card to turn the lights on, which prevents people from running electricity when not in the room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for positing such positive comments. In the future we typically offer a park and stay package that would reduce your parking rate. You can find this offering on our website. Thank you again and look forward to your return.

Been to Westin Phoenix Downtown? Share your experiences!