“Love this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles
“Love this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have been to this hotel on business several times in the last year. The facility is wonderful, the rooms are huge and the service is is exceptional! I highly recommend it. The restaurant has great food and the wait staff could not be more helpful. And of course there is the heavenly bed...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was the first time I stayed in downtown Phoenix and selected the Westin based on previous positive experiences. Every aspect of my stay was above expectations. I was always addressed by my name by each staff member I encountered and every staff member was very accommodating. Within two minutes after my call requesting help with the thermostat, a friendly maintenance man appeared at my door. My dinner from room service was delivered in 15 minutes after my order. The valet was extremely helpful, providing maps of the downtown area as well as verbal directions. The room was large, modern and perfectly appointed. I had the best night's sleep I have had in months. Thank you, Westin!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed here a few times in business. The rooms are excellent, clean and well cared for. Service is friendly, this time when I arrived I had to wait at the front desk for 5 minutes for anyone to come out and check me in ( it was around 10pm) this was the only hiccup in an otherwise perfect stay. The location is great. Whenever I come to Phoenix, this is where I stay now.

• Stayed November 2012
Casper, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have traveled extensively and I have never had a better experience than I had at the Westin Downtown Phoenix. Front desk staff was friendly and always ready to assist. Valet staff was friendly and efficient and always ready with directions and suggestions. Overall, a tremendously professional atmosphere of service. My room was beautiful with tall ceilings and the best furnishings and a window view of downtown that is unsurpassed. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: According to the floor maps I saw, every room is a room with a view.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at this property for 1 night, drove in for the Cardinals football game on Monday night. The resort was very clean with great overall ambiance. I enjoyed a great dinner at Province, Kyle was our waiter. We had the scallop ceviche, flatbread, and the skirt steak. Kyle was fantastic, service wise and recommending the food options.

Of course as a Westin, the heavenly bed was awesome along with some great views of downtown. Check in was a breeze and at check out we stored our bags at the Front Desk. The valet team even loaded our bags into our car while we were away at our conference. The room itself was super clean and it felt like a brand new room.

I would highly recommend this property for leisure or business due its convenient location and great service. Go check it out yourself.

Room Tip: pay for the upgrade to a corner suite, well worth it!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a modern, clean hotel with friendly staff. They were kind enough to call our cell when our room was ready, and they were always welcoming. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The service at Province (lobby restaurant) was lacking, and there was absolutely no service at the pool. I waited and waited looking at the menu, but never a soul came by. There is no spa or concierge. Overall, I would stay there again, but for much less than we paid. Our room was very expensive to stay in a very uninteresting downtown Phoenix. For the amount we paid, I'd expect to be at a resort on Camelback mountain.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Westin Phoenix Downtown last weekend, and we honestly can't wait to return. Almost everything about the hotel was perfect. Valet and check in were seamless and easy. When we got to the room the hotel placed itself in my list of favorites. Not only was the room enormous, it was impeccably clean; my husband commented that the linens were so white that the sun's reflection was blinding. On the desk was a handwritten note addressed to our family with a selection of complimentary snacks, sweets, and bottled water. Guest services also offers many amenities, including a bed rail. We called down to have one installed for our toddler, and someone came up promptly to fulfill the request. We ate at the hotel resteraunt for two breakfast meals and a late dinner. The menu is limited, but everything we had was delicious. When we had dinner, the server, Kyle, brought over a small amuse bouche before we ordered, compliments of the chef. We let him know we just wanted something light, as we had a heavy lunch, and he made a couple of suggestions from the room service menu that weren't on the resteraunt menu. Also, when he brought our food, he came to the table with a flatbread pizza, that he said was also light and a great compliment to what we ordered. It was amazing and so thoughtful (and not on the check). The sangria is delicious as well. The hostess, Amber, was also very sweet. She was dancing with our little one and telling us about the area. I did explore the hotel a bit, and though we didnt use the pool, gym and business center, they seemed like they'd serve their purpose during a getaway or business stay. Our weekend at the Westin was such a great experience. The only issue we had was annoying, but didn't ruin the stay. We were out of the room from about 7:30am until almost 4pm, and the room had not been made up while we were gone. We called down and just said we'd take the SPG points since they give you the green option to opt out. We requested turn-down service when we went out in the evenings, and the beds were made and towels replaced then, which was fine. We will need to be in Phoenix twice a year now and plan to make the Westin our home base there. I'm not sure if our experience is typical there, but it certainly was exceptional. Fantastic service and an especially clean hotel.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Westin Phoenix Downtown? Share your experiences!