“Celebrating” 4 of 5 stars

Beckett's Table
3717 E. Indian School Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85018
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Beckett's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 2,551 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 36th street & Indian School
Description: Chef Justin Beckett brings together what matters to him most: family, friends and honest, incredible food. With considerable help from his partners and longtime friends Scott and Katie Stephens and his wife Michelle, Beckett has created an irresistible hangout for his discerning Arcadia/Biltmore neighbors, people who expect comfort and sophistication in equal measure and get it here. The same grounded approach is evident on the menu, which emphasizes seasonal American cooking in dishes such as creamy grits and spicy andouille sausage with mustard jus, wood-fired mussels with shallot-fennel broth, short ribs with mashed potatoes, and rock shrimp with smoked corn & butternut squash enchiladas. Factor in the inviting bar, roomy patio and community table, and it gets even easier to follow the Beckett's Table mandate: Come Together.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Date night with my husband landed us at Beckett's table. We had only been there once before. We were seated pretty much right away for being 7:30 on a Friday night, and after looking at the wine listed was helped with a nice Cava Rose`. We ordered our dinners my husband ordered the flatiron Steak, and I opted for the Cheeseburger. Food came in a timely manner and looked delicious! However, my husband gave me a bite of his steak and it was WAY over salted. My dinner was good, We were celebrating our anniversary and was given a dessert of our choice, I chose the cinnamon sugar covered "holes" on my those were really yummy!

We will probably go back again, but will say something sooner about the salty-ness of the food!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Good food, but not business traveler friendly!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful food and great service; however, as a business traveler living by expense reports, etc., they do not separate checks by individual diner. This is surprising, as Phoenix is marketing itself as a new business center. And I haven't encountered this in Phoenix before. So my coworker and I will have a tough time with our expense reports, and I will not venture back here with coworkers, although I would enjoy taking them to this nice place. So I highly recommend the deep fried deviled eggs and the chocolate-dipped bacon s'mores. But if you are a business traveler, be prepared.

Visited July 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
“Outstanding food, service and atmosphere - this is a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

So I have one night left in PHX before returning after a long week on the road and am staying near the airport. Check out some reviews and decide to try Beckett's Table. So glad that I did

Atmosphere and ambiance - love the exposed beams and blocks, very rustic but still warm and inviting. Great vibe; while I was there early (5:30ish on a Friday night) the place was already 40% full and very positive energy, good music playing the background, sounds coming from the open kitchen in the back, etc.

Service - I was by myself so I could have sat at the bar (where they have social hour specials) but really wanted a table. I am a big man and like having some elbow room. They asked me if I could be done by 7:00 as they had a birthday party coming in - I mean, I am by myself, there on business and don't want to be there all night so I told them absolutely I could be done in 75 minutes and appreciated them asking me. Got a nice table right at the front of the restaurant. The server was efficient, professional and gave me a great recommendation on the 4 Peaks "Kiltlifter" ale (signature brew from the local craft brewery), which was excellent. Food came out at a good pace, water was refilled as I needed it, and I did not get bothered when I wanted to be left alone.

Food - overall very good. I love mac and cheese, and seemingly if it is on the menu I get it. Their's was creamy, tasty and the pancetta was perfect. Someone else mentioned the mustard seeds - I thought that was a nice touch as well. I also love me some short ribs and since that is their signature dish I went for it. While I very much enjoyed it I thought that it was a little salty and a little dried out. Not enough to take away from the dish but enough to notice. Yes, you could eat it with a fork, the mashed potatoes and gravy and veggies were good, all in all very enjoyable but just missed being even better by a touch. For dessert I got the deconstructed S'mores. Frankly a little too difficult to eat and the chocolate covered bacon was a little much; but I love the creativity and the effort. My server suggested I break everything up and get something of everything on each bite - frankly with the marshmallows taht was too hard to do.

Overall - an excellent meal all the way around. With the app, entree, dessert and one beer the total bill was $50, very reasonable for what I got. I love feeling like I got good value and ate great food and that is the experience I had at Becketts Table. When future travel brings me back to Phoenix I would gladly return again!

BTW, in case you were wondering, I had nothing that I disliked

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Matts bday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Dinner at Beckett's Table was a great time, Andria our wait person was energetic and recognized our sons birthday celebration immediately. While my hubby and I waited and enjoyed drinks along with Andria's recommended bone "marrow appetizer" it was fabulous. The others arrived and the evening continued to be fun, great food, we all had something different, I would recommend the "short ribs" the 2nd time I have had this and loved it! The bacon biscuits are flavorful and hearty! Dessert was brought with a candle on the bday plate of s'mores" Beckett's was perfect we will be back.

“Elegant comfort food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Fathers day dinner. Really good specials for the occaision. My Son-in-law had the pulled pork sandwich on a pretzel bun and home made coleslaw on top, really good. Their Short ribs are truely remarkable and a family favorite. I had Pork Osso Bucco, again wonderful, and the spinch spatzel was a really nice compliment. Daughters sea bas was well prepared and very tasty, and my other daughters burger was outstanding. Tough to call a burger outstanding, but you have to try it, very tasty. AZ wines are 1/2 price on Sundays, but not that great a bargin from menu prices, but I enjoyed my selection very much. People whining about portion size should go back to Old Country Buffet, as there is plenty to eat. I'll have to try the desserts next time, as they looked really good, but home made cake was waiting for us at home. If I have a complaint at all, I thought the music was a bit loud. When that happens, people talk louder to get over the music, adding to the din, but I'd go back in a minute

• Visited June 2014