“Comfort food at it's best.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Beckett's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 2,593 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 36th street & Indian School
Description: Chef Justin Beckett brings together what matters to him most: family, friends and honest, incredible food. With considerable help from his partners and longtime friends Scott and Katie Stephens and his wife Michelle, Beckett has created an irresistible hangout for his discerning Arcadia/Biltmore neighbors, people who expect comfort and sophistication in equal measure and get it here. The same grounded approach is evident on the menu, which emphasizes seasonal American cooking in dishes such as creamy grits and spicy andouille sausage with mustard jus, wood-fired mussels with shallot-fennel broth, short ribs with mashed potatoes, and rock shrimp with smoked corn & butternut squash enchiladas. Factor in the inviting bar, roomy patio and community table, and it gets even easier to follow the Beckett's Table mandate: Come Together.
Arizona
“Comfort food at it's best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife asked to go here for her birthday. Located in east Phoenix in a roomy location. Parking was limited so get there early. We had a nice welcome by the staff and seated right away. We decided to order only a main course and desserts. Large selection on wines and beers. A nice variety of appetizers, salads and side dishes. My wife & I ordered the same thing. Friends had recommended the short ribs with red wine reduction served over mashed potatoes & green beans. Melt in your mouth, cut with a fork. For dessert my wife had fig & pecan pie w/citrus zest ice cream. She loved it. And my choice (yum) was a toasted coconut cake w/vanilla pudding, pecans and vanilla ice cream on the side. Now you know why we skipped salads & sides! Wonderful evening with a friendly crowd. We'll come again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix
“Seriously?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have another couple that we typically dine with, and this outing was no exception. We have a tendency to stay with what we know is good, and I wish we had done so this particular evening.
The service was very good! But unfortunately the food was just "meh". Actually, less than "meh". The beet salad had me laughing. It was good, what there was of it. Thinly sliced beets with an interesting goat cheese "whipped foam" all served on a chilled marble slab. Honestly, the beets were so thin I could see the marble underneath them.
On to the "other" appetizers. The turkey/chicken...not sure there...meatballs were tough as a boot! The Creamy Grits were alright, but my mom made those for us for breakfast, so I wasn't too impressed. We had a couple of other appetizers, but for the life of me I can't remember what they were.
I had the salmon as an entree. I'm always leery when fish smells fishy. And this DID! I had to use the vegetables to cover up the taste, and I'm a big fish fan! My friend had the short ribs, he said the ones at "Our other place" meaning Rusconi's, was much better.
Dessert was passe'. I had the pecan fig pie. It was so-so. My husband had the coconut cake. I had a bite. The texture seemed as though it had been sitting out for a few hours. Pretty dry and crumbly. The burnt butter ice cream was definitely disgusting. Maybe I just have a pretty boring palette. I won't go back. The food just wasn't worth the price.
Oh, and the "outdoor dining".....There were kids climbing over the railing to get to their car. Great ambience there!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Redmond, Washington
“Ordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I ordered their signature short rib and bacon biscuit. The portions were very small. A tiny dollop of mashed potato and small piece of meat. Seemed overpriced, the food was decent but nothing extravagant or too exciting. Seemed like something I could easily make at home. Bacon biscuits are worth ordering.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Enjoyed a great meal at Beckett's Table. Started off with cocktails, nice selection and a couple of beers. After a couple of conversations with Justin, our server we moved to appies, as suggested by Justin. We had the Mac and Cheese, which was very good, and perfect for sharing. We also had the Crows Dairy Peppered Feta, very nice. For dinner, 2 shortribs, the house specialty, which we fall off the bone excellent. Served with mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus. Our table also had the Osso Buco and spinach pancetta spaetzle, again fall of the bone, very tender. Fourth dish was the smoked and grilled Pork Chop, it is huge, and also quite delicious. We shared a bottle of wine from a very large wine list, variety of prices.

For dessert, coffee creme brulee, very nice and the house chocolate ice cream, which was o'k, nothing special.

Restaurant did fill up, and was quite noisy, although our table of four was able to converse at a normal voice level. Atmosphere was very good, lots of folks enjoying themselves and their meals.

Great food, good atmosphere, and Justin our server was most helpful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Come Together!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

A catchy phrase as you arrive and boy does it really mean come together! It also means eat together, as the tables are right on top of each other...Reminds me of a feed lot for cattle! Anyway, enough about the tight quarters... the food was great, the drinks were good and the company at the table next to ours was amusing. I would go back for the food and perhaps a seat at the bar but won't go back because of how tight the seating is in the dining room! Parking was also an issue so bring your walking shoes!

• Visited May 2013