“Very Urban” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Beckett's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 2,593 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 36th street & Indian School
Description: Chef Justin Beckett brings together what matters to him most: family, friends and honest, incredible food. With considerable help from his partners and longtime friends Scott and Katie Stephens and his wife Michelle, Beckett has created an irresistible hangout for his discerning Arcadia/Biltmore neighbors, people who expect comfort and sophistication in equal measure and get it here. The same grounded approach is evident on the menu, which emphasizes seasonal American cooking in dishes such as creamy grits and spicy andouille sausage with mustard jus, wood-fired mussels with shallot-fennel broth, short ribs with mashed potatoes, and rock shrimp with smoked corn & butternut squash enchiladas. Factor in the inviting bar, roomy patio and community table, and it gets even easier to follow the Beckett's Table mandate: Come Together.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very Urban”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wanted to try this restaurant based on all the TripAdvisor reviews. The atomosphere was very urban with a lively buzz which is something we really like. The greeting was friendly and the service was very good. We chose to sit outside and had a very good view of the inside so we felt like we were part of the buzz. The menu is a bit different - regular familiar foods with a twist. We both had some things that we normally don't eat and both the appetizers and the mains were delicious.Too full for dessert. We enjoyed a lovely evening and dinner

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sun Lakes, Arizona, United States
“Great choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our group of 10 dined here for the first time last night. We chatted with the bartender before moving to our table and got some good tips on menu selections from him. The service was exceptional from the minute we walked into the restaurant until we left. Our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive. I tried the roasted beet salad which was fresh and delicious, though I thought a bit pricey for the small serving. There was a ground, crunchy 'something' on the plate which I couldn't identify, but it complimented the dish very nicely. I am a huge fan of Osso Bucco so I couldn't pass that entree up. It's pork rather than veal. The flavors were intense, the pork shank cooked to perfection and fork tender. The smokiness to the sauce and spaetzle was a welcomed surprise. It was a perfect portion - the only thing left on my plate was the bone from the shank! Others in our group tried the grilled cheese and tomato soup (delicious), the vegetable chopped salad (rave reviews), mac 'n cheese (very good), shrimp and andouille sausage with grits (the grits were excellent even though I don't find them or polenta very exciting - typically bland) and steamed white sea bass (perfectly cook and seasoned). The restaurant has a warm and relaxing appeal. There are several tables outside and a fireplace. As is typical, the outside dining overlooks a parking lot or main street. It was a lovely evening for all.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hertfordshire, England.
“Great meal again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our second visit whilst holidaying in the area to again participate in the Arizona Restaurant week. Parking still a bit tight outside, so expect to park elsewhere. Difficult to know what to have once shown the menu! We ended with shrimp and black bean salad, and the soup for starters, cola briased pork and shepherds pie for mains, plus bacon s'mores and coconut cake for dessert. Wine or beer included in price. Husband found the shepherds pie to be more of a casserole as being Brits shepherds pie is a staple part of our cookery heritage! However he really enjoyed it as did I with my selections. The pork was fabulous and our server was kind enough to tell me how to cook it for myself of which I certainly will have a go. The restaurant was full by the time we left so they must be doing something right and that was midweek! A really lovely meal and hope to go back again for more!

• Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Mouthwatering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I LOVE Beckett's. Upscale comfort food in a casual, unpretentious setting--you can't say that a lot, especially in Phoenix. I've been a few times and have loved every bite. The beef bourguignon shepherd's pie is warm and delicious. The fork-tender pork rib is probably baby fork-tender and fantastic. The best thing, the must-have, is the chocolate-covered bacon s'mores. Let me say that again: Chocolate. Covered. Bacon. Plus they make their own marshmallow. Always great service as well.

• Visited June 2012
Paradise Valley, Arizona
“Outstanding food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place has it all! Amazing food, casual and cozy atmosphere and friendly knowledgeable staff.
I would describe the food as " inventive comfort food"' made with quality ingredients.
I wish this place was closer to my house, I would be there once a week! It is worth the drive, though! I will be there again soon.

• Visited September 2012