“A good Mexican restaurant.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Hudson, Wisconsin
“A good Mexican restaurant.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Middle of the road Mexican. Best part of dinner was the sopapia for dessert. Margarita was good but too much ice.

Visited December 2013

“Not traditional but unique and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

They are little pricey for Mexican food but are not traditional Mexican. I had the Carlsbad stuffed chicken breast (it is stuffed with fajita veggies and topped with a creamy and slightly spicy sauce and cheese). It was absolutely delicious. Jeff had carne adobada and I didn't like it as much but he did. The Margaritas are large and tasty, and we will eat there again. Portions were large and we took some home.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maricopa, Arizona
“A Repeat Dinner's Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Seems that everyone has their favorite Mexican Restaurant for one reason or another. We have several within the Phoenix area that are all slightly different. If we want a Mexican meal, it all depends upon our location.

On October 17th, we were in the mood for something along these lines. Our location was near the Arriba and we decided to dine here again. We arrive before the lunch hour crush and were seated right away. Salsa, bean dip and chips arrived right away.

For starters, I ordered the guacamole dip that arrived before the main meal. We ordered the following for lunch, my wife had the Rio Grande and I wanted the Burrtio Plate from the lunch menu. Everything arrived as ordered with the main items on a hot plate.

Drink refills arrived with no issues. The restrooms were clean. We did not notice any issue with this restaurant during this visit.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara
“Mystery Meat Tacos”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ordered the taco special and waitress did not ask what type of meat we wanted and I think we all forgot to ask if there was a choice. I can eat about anything as long as it's tasty. It wasn't until I took a bite into the taco when I opened it up to look at the "stuff" they call meat. I asked the waitress (who forgot my drink and had major attitude with our group) what the "stuff" was. She told me hamburger meat. Doubtful; it's some type of filler the consistency of sawdust and same taste. I could not eat it but she happily collected money for the bill. Previous visit, the three of us ordered margaritas at $6 a pop and thought no tequila in them. A customer compliant on their website to customer service was rudely answered and did not get the follow up, so they get two zeros for both visits--poor customer service, bored and unmotivated wait staff (the man serving the other customers was attentive, however), bland food-stuff passed off as food as long as you put salsa on it--salsa makes everything right....right? Lastly, little or just a splash of booze in the margaritas. Why come back...ah, it's quiet because no customers and you could do business there. I also agree with Linda S. that the place, all around seemed dirty and I, too, even made a comment about the fountain over-spilling, wasting water on the way in. My mother also made the same comment as Michael M. reviewer about dirty menus and this was after he spoke to a manager!! I think this must be someone's tax write off.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tempe, Arizona
“Great food and service today”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went for Brunch, as we have never been. It was very good. We had excellent service from our server / bartender MATT. Great job... thanks! We like this location as they usually are on top of customer service and the food is always hot and fresh tasting.

• Visited August 2013