“Great time, above and beyond the typical hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

You added Raz Inn to your Saves list
Raz Inn
37 W Pasadena Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85013   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Phoenix B&B and Inns
“Great time, above and beyond the typical hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Attending a conference in Phoenix, I wanted to venture beyond the typical large in city hotel experience. I found Raz Inn to be the perfect combination of a small, personal and comfortable Inn. I stayed in the separate Pasadena Suite. It provided a full kitchen, living room, bedroom and just outside my door a pool and comfortable yard.

Arriving via the Phoenix airport, the 40 minute light rail ride to the nearby station was easy. It was just a 3 minute walk as described. Russ was great about checking me in late, and making sure I knew what I needed to, in order to find them after 10 pm.

Erin and Russ to be helpful, their kids well behaved and friendly. I enjoyed the breakfast delivered to my suite daily. The Kitchen had everything I needed to prepare my dinners, and a nearby shopping plaza with a natural foods store had everything I needed for additional food or drinks, within one block.

Russ and Erin offered helpful suggestions for some additional sight seeing and the place was well kept and clean. Just down the road was the Maricopa, which is more expensive, but in the same neighborhood. I was happy with my stay, and felt it was a good value. I would recommend it for someone or a family looking to get off the beaten path and out of the big hotel scene.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Murphysboro, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were travelling with a friend and preferred 2 separate bedrooms. We hit the jackpot with Raz Inn. We stayed in the Reflections suite, which was more spacious than my first apartment, I think! We each had a nice-sized bedroom with a comfortable bed and huge closet. Nice bathroom with ample basic toiletries. A kitchen equipped with enough tools for cooking and eating in (we didn't, but could have). Nice living room with a large flat screen TV and addition flat screen in one of the bedrooms. Delicious homemade quiches delivered to the room for breakfast. And yummy freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. Within walking distance of a metro stop. Quiet neighborhhood, but near any convenience you might need. We stayed only 2 nights, but this would be a great spot for an extended stay.

Room Tip: Reflections Suite has two separate bedrooms and easily would accommodate two couples. Full-size fut...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

A group of friends and I split two of the apartments here and we loved it. We're late 20 somethings and were there for a wedding over Cinco de Mayo weekend, so naturally we're going to have a good time. The quiche in the morning was spot on and the accomodations were great. The pop machine has its gems too. We got a lot of use out of the pool and got to know the owners. They were fantastic people willing to get anything we needed if we didn't have it. They were never stuffy and encouraged us to pick as many grapefruits as we could, which we did. The place is very chill and was the perfect spot for us to stay. I'll echo that they're in good walking distance of a few stores, restaurants, and a great gourmet market.

Room Tip: There are four apartments to choose from I think. I just know that we stayed in Reflections and Ari...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Shocked but stuck. Shabby, just walking thru the shabby gate to the backyard sent my hair up
on the back of my neck! Should have left.....dark and tired. This is a older house with buildings
in their unkempt backyard. Lumpy double bed. Perfumed bedding. Furnace going non stop
at the head of the bed and owners and their friends partying on the other side of the wall. (thought they were outside my door.) On the wrong side of the tracks....just outside of the
nicer area of Camelbac. Hate to be so negative....but this was a BAD experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
erin r, Owner at Raz Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I think this Guest chose a nice, accomodating Bed and Breakfast where they could bring their pets and moving van on their way to South America. We wish them well.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My hubby, son and I stayed at this wonderful B&B for a little over three weeks. We occupied the Reflections Suite of two bedrooms and one bath. We enjoyed the huge big screen cable tvs as well as the wi-fi internet. The homemade quiches provided for breakfast were delicious as well as the freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. I strongly recommend this B&B to anyone who wishes to visit central Phoenix. It is also within walking distance to a couple of restaurants and a gourmet grocer. The inn keeper family were a delight !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Raz Inn? Share your experiences!