“Great Fresh Food and Good Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 2,574 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Uses all fresh, local veggies and fruits.
Goodyear, Arizona
“Great Fresh Food and Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Went here for lunch today. Food was excellent. There were three in our party and we all enjoyed what we had. I had a specialty burger and what struck me was the quality of the meat. Fresh ground chuck, ground on premises. I also noticed that tortillas were fresh and asked the waitress. She told me they grind their corn meal and make the tortillas fresh in small batches every day. You can taste the difference! Salsa's and sauces all had that fresh made from scratch taste. I'll definitely return to try more things on the menu. Torta's and taco's look great.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

everything is fresh and made to order so yes you will wait a little (this is not a drive through lol) in the meantime get an amazing drink or tea. You must start with Elote callejero (grilled corned with sprinkled paprika) move on to Chicharron (like a grileed cheese) and OMG tacos will blow your mind. This guys know what they are doing, I am a regular. Thank you for great food, fresh ingredients and no microwaves!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mesa, Arizona
“Hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Let me start off by saying the service was very good. I have been there twice. The last time was on a very busy night. So the girl and I sat at the bar. The service from the bartender was very good. Everyone at the bar was being tended to.

The food was ok. It came out cold, so that overshadowed the flavor. I have eaten there before when it wasn't so busy and enjoyed the food, but you have to do better when it is busy. Both the girl and I had under temp food. That says to me the food sat for awhile before it was brought to us.

Overall i would eat there again if someone wanted to go but if it was my choice i would skip it.

TIP: The mens restroom is a hoot.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
phoenix, United States
“No More”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

On arrival the Hostess seemed intent on ignoring everyone even with several empty tables available . The Waiter was good but the food took a long time for simple dishes ( a salad , posole and one taco ) to come out.
The place is LOUD and echoey . Parking seems not clearly defined .
The food is "okay" but way overpriced for the portion size . If you are dieting , this fare will not upset the program . I actually saw a man who came to lunch with us one day eat 2 meals to get enough !
There are lot's of alternatives to here . Salvadorian foods , Peruvian restaurants Etc. offer a much better dining experience at a much better bargain .
The whole experience took us 1 hour . We ate our tiny portions in 5 minutes .
Not real time efficient !

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“gallo blanco rules”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

great salsa and tacos! love the happy hour specials and friendly staff. everything i've eaten has been delish!

Visited July 2013