“nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Peoria, Arizona
“nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The room was nice and the bed was comfy. I had no issues during my two night stay other than the fact that there was nothing in the area. Don't go driving around westward because you end up in an unpleasant area. Stick to the East around ASU if you're wandering or need something.

The restaurant was great (although expensive). The staff was very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
east moriches
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had an early flight so we stayed here after our visit from Sedona.
Hotel was one of the cleanest I have stayed at
Nice pool , large rooms.
Big refrigerator.
Hotel staff was wonderful.
Free 24hr shuttle.
We checked in, dropped off our luggage. Took our rental car back to the airport, took the shuttle from the airport and went back to the hotel and had a lovely evening. Saved us an xtra day rental charge.
The pool and hotel were very nice and clean.
We just had to get up in the morning and get the shuttle that picks up 2x hr. They were on time, no stress to catch our flight.

Room Tip: Purchased this on priceline at an great price! Great to stay here if you have an early flight free...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here on another one of my quick weekend getaways, and was very happy overall with my stay at this hotel. Overall the hotel was nice, clean, and the staff was friendly. The rooms were nicely furnished. If you don't have a car there aren't many options for things to do near this hotel, and no places to eat nearby. I believe that the hotel had a resturaunt but luckily I had a friend come pick me up so I had other options. My only complaint is more of a Holiday Inn complaint. Upon checkin I was told I was in a double room, with two queens. I was traveling alone, and perfer a larger King sized bed, but was told I would have to pay an additional fee to get a King! It doesn't make any sense to me to charge for one bed instead of two! There are less sheets to change and wash, fewer towels to wash, and I don't get the upgrade fee! Despite the fact of having to deal with two queens I was happy with my stay overall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a step up from the usual airport hotel. It's new, spacious, well appointed, and well maintained. I stayed here recently at the end of a trip in Arizona and was pleasantly surprised.

The location is excellent, we made it to the rental car centre in 15-20 minutes at 8:00am on a weekday. The hotel is just off a major highway and very conveniently located in relation to the airport. Express checkout is offered and makes it easy to get on your way in the morning.

There is some noise from the nearby highway which means that light sleepers may want to request a room further away from it, but I found that the air conditioning essentially drowned out any noticeable noise from outside. My room was close to the elevators, but these are isolated in a sort of alcove and I didn't notice any noise from them during the night. My room also had a bar fridge and a microwave.

Overall I would recommend this for airport or local stays; it was good value, well kept, and a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Away from the highway is better, but the A/C should drown out any outside noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here for a quick overnight prior to catching a flight. It was very easy access from I-10. The room was clean and new. The bed was comfortable. Biggest plus was a great rate for the room and parking for up to 14 days including a shuttle to and from the airport. Cannot be beat when you consider what you end up spending on parking at the airport. I liked the little bar and restaurant, very nice to be able to have a drink and a bite to eat onsite. My only issue was when I was picked up from the airport. I called for pick up and was advised 20 mins, when I saw a Holiday inn driver in the van described,I jumped on only to learn I had picked the wrong holiday inn. The driver was very nice to deliver me to my car at the other location, but they just need to make a distinction between the two vans as other guests had done the same thing. Overall, a great stay for a busy traveler who needs a place to rest their head and grab a drink and light dinner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your lovely review about the hotel. I would also like to offer my apologies regarding the van situation. It is a little bit of a struggle with two airport Holiday Inns and I know its impossible for the guest to know the difference or even know the fact that there are two so close by. Its even harder because the vans are wrapped in Holiday Inn standard requirements so they all look completely the same. We will start asking for guest names and verify it with people waiting for the shuttle. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Checked into the hotel since it was close to the airport and had shuttle service. Rooms are clean and updated as was the lobby. Corrine who checked me in was very friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions as well as driving directions. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed June 2013
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your lovely comments are appreciated. Corinne and all our front desk staff have excellent customer service skills and I will let her know how great she was. Thank you
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Four and a half stars...We stayed here on an overnight layover on our way home from the D.C. area. This hotel is very close to the airport and they have a 24-hour shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby and they gave us a coupon for a free drink in the bar. We didn't use it, but I'm sure if we had more time we would have. The rooms are new and equipped with more than enough pillows. My husband much preferred this hotel as compared to another all-suite hotel in the area with a comparable price. The only downfall for me was that with little kids, we usually leave a bathroom light on as a nightlight but the bathroom light and bathroom fan are on the same switch. That meant that we had to run the bathroom fan all night long. Otherwise, we really liked the convenience factor and great customer service here...more than adequate for an overnight layover that provides a free shuttle at all hours and is close to the airport.

Room Tip: 2nd floor looking north
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kubers, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for mentioning the fact about the bathroom lights. Please do let us know if you return to our hotel as we will provide you with a night light. We are happy to know that everything else was perfect for you.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!