“Great fish entres - very nice dinner - nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Clayton, NC
“Great fish entres - very nice dinner - nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have had dinner at this restaurant now 3 times over the past 18 months. The food is consistently good. My favorites are: the blackened tuna (wow it was good); the sea weed salad (best I have ever had); the calamari (totally different from what you would expect and an amazing sauce). My son loves the Hula burger with sweet potatoe fries. My wife enjoys the enormous salad bowls.

The service is consistently great. Young servers with lots of energy and they project a happy, bubbly vibe.

The atmosphere is casual and fun / festive.

Prices are reasonable when compared to other restaurants that put out this quality of food and portion size. I give extra points / credit for the creativity of the dishes. The chef is a little "out of the box" and it is refreshing.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York, NY
“Looking for a Hawaiian experience, not quite what we got”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The food here is okay, but there was little on the menu to remind my wife and me of our recent trip to Oahu and Maui. We ate such wonderful food in Hawaii, and hoped there'd be some familiar items on this menu, but there were very few, and they were out of some of the more desirable items.

The setting is nice, we ate outdoors on a mild night, and the fire was lovely. But if you're looking to recapture some of that Hawaii magic, I don't think this place really quite does it.

Visited May 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Awesome Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I went here twice during my 5 nights in Phoenix. The food was amazing. Fresh, tasty. Great drinks. Wonderful service. No tourists!

Visited April 2013
Glendale, Arizona
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I love their happy hour. The sweet potato fries are amazing. The tacos are delicious and the drinks are tasty. Great vibe also

Visited January 2013
“Fun drinks, food, atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Kudos to a great staff, food and drinks. We had a fun dinner, appetizers, and terrific drinks. Mai Tai's were terrific. Server was fun and made great suggestions on food. Really great place, will return next time we are in town.

• Visited April 2013