“Full and Happy.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Francis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 2,593 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Central Avenue
Transit: One block away from the Light Rail stop at Camelback and Central Ave.
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Full and Happy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

There were four of us visiting today, two for the first time. We made reservations and were seated immediately. Three of us ordered the French onion burger and one ordered the chicken salad sandwich. The burgers had smoked bacon, gruyere and crispy onions on a great bun and we all chose the delicious fries instead of a side salad. Yummy and done perfectly. The sandwich was large and served on a kind of flat bread and half went home for later. Our server was attentive and very pleasant. Prices are a little high but I'm getting used to paying over $10 for a great burger. Complementary valet too.

Visited July 2014

Hacienda Heights, California
“Quite a nice little place ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I came here for dinner. The food we ordered were not bad. We ordered pork chop (signature dish) and Moroccan meat ball. The pork chop was marinated really well and tender, but the potato side was somewhat tasteless and boring. The meat ball was just average.
Our waiter was really friendly and attentive, which made the whole experience fun and enjoyable. The atmosphere was great!
Overall, I would visit this place again just to hangout, but not for a food adventure.

Phoenix
“Pancake heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We went to St Francis early Sunday morning and order the fire wood oven pancakes. I tell you what it was incredible! ! I will definitely be back for that soon.

Huntsville, Texas
“Very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Another road trip stop inspired by Triple 'D'. My wife and I decided to share the vegetable flat bread and pork Verde. A great choice. The flat bread was so light and fresh tasting and the pork verde, oh my! It was fantastic. So tender and flavorful. We washed it down with specialty drinks made with 100% fresh ingredients, no powders or concentrates here. The atmosphere was also top notch. Our waitress was a little uptight but all turned out great. I would definetly go back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arizona
“Holy Moly St Francis”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My friend and I decided to meet for lunch at St. Francis on a recent Friday. We both goggled the address, and both of us could not find the place. The picture on the web site did not match what I was seeing on the street. Finally, I spotted it, but my friend had to actually stop and ask someone. The sign was a foot from the ground and not very visible from the west bound lane.

I did not like the valet parking. There were plenty of spaces but I had to give up my car to sit in the hot sun, 106 degrees. Oh well. I also do not carry cash, so had to not give them any tip, which made me feel bad.

The atmosphere was really nice. We sat up stairs. The service started out well, but slipped later. I had the Romaine salad with dressing on the side. My friend had chicken in a salad for $14.00. Or what was suppose to be chicken. There were a few pieces. My salad was piled high on an extremely small plate. I know if I tried to mix my dressing, the whole salad was going to end up on the floor or my lap. I told the waiter and he agreed. Then I asked, "Why would you serve that salad on such a small plate?" He answered, “We have told the chef, but he insist in doing it that way.” The waiter then explained that this salad is usually served with soup. Well, who wants soup when it’s 106 degrees. Can’t it be served with or without soup and a bigger plate? My tomatoes were over ripe and just full of seeds. The price was right though, just $7.00.

I had high hopes for the place because I had seen it on Dinner’s Drive-in and Dives. I probably won’t return. The menu was rather small and the lunch specials were a lot of breakfast items. I already had eaten breakfast. I was hoping the menu might include things like a turkey burger, fish sandwich or veggie melt. If menu changes, I may try it again. Will see.

• Visited June 2014