“You Could Drive By, But That Would Be A Mistake” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Francis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,429 Restaurants in Phoenix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Central Avenue
Transit: One block away from the Light Rail stop at Camelback and Central Ave.
Orlando, Florida
“You Could Drive By, But That Would Be A Mistake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Like many of the other reviewers, I found the restaurant through the Food Network, and boy did they get this one right!

A small local restaurant on Camelback Dr that you could easily miss as you were driving down the road. But luckily our GPS didn't let us miss it!

We started with a hot goat cheese/tomato appetizer served with crostini. The app is big enough to share, and we finished it to the last bite. For entrees, my friend ordered the pot roast, while I bellied up to the HUGE "Pig Dip" sandwich. This is an incredible sandwich made of roast pork loin, prosciutto, bacon, gruyere cheese, dijon mustard, and a sweet fennel/onion marmelade. The sandwich is served on their homemade baguettes which are fanastic on their own. The entire sandwich is served with a side salad and a bowl of au jus for dipping, and it's the au jus that puts this sandwich over the top.

The menu is varied and centers on local fresh vegetables. My dining companion eats Gluten-free, and there were plenty of offerings for him to choose from.

The service was good, and as an indication of its popularity, the restaurant was packed for dinner on a Monday night.

Make sure you don't miss this restaurant next time you're in town!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Peoria, Az.
“Specialty restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Great food and ambiance but tables are crowded together for the evening meals. Unusally dishes with great flavor combinations. I had the risotto, pork and mushrooms and lloved the meal. Would go again for sure but probably for lunch next time.

Visited February 2014
“Featured on Food Network”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was featured on the Food Network and that's what got me interested in visiting the restaurant when I was in Phoenix. The food is moderately priced and delicious. I ordered the forbidden rice with chicken. I've never eaten black rice before. This was deliciously. The restaurant makes it's baguette's fresh daily. Heavenly bread. I highly recommend this place for lunch and evening dining.

Visited February 2014
indianapolis
“Holy Hash! St. Francis is Divine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The veggie flatbread I had was perfectly prepared - very fresh. As a solo diner on a very busy night, the staff kindly provided a snug place at in the inside bar. From there I was able to see the working kitchen that hummed like machinery. I only hope to try this spot again when I have a bigger appetite!

Visited January 2014
Chetwynd, BC Canada
“Heard about it on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stopped by here for Sunday brunch on our most recent trip to Scottsdale from Canada. We heard about it on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and we were not disappointed. They have complimentary valet parking. We were lucky and got there at around 11:00 am, before the rush. We were very surprised to see live entertainment while we were eating. A group on bass, piano and female singer, it was highly entertaining and enjoyable (Matthew Morrison from "Glee" stopped by to talk to band members while we were there.). I had the skillet baked pancake with olive oil, sooooo delicious. My husband had the daily special, he said it was delicious as well. The orange juice was extremely fresh. The prices were remarkably low, we couldn't believe how they make a profit at those prices. We can't wait to go back again during our next trip to Scottsdale.

• Visited January 2014