“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Francis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 2,593 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Central Avenue
Transit: One block away from the Light Rail stop at Camelback and Central Ave.
New York City
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Great place. Great value.
Order the salmon on top of the rice bowl dish. You will thank me forever!
You won't regret it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

phoenix, arizona
“Reheated chicken - Yuk!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband & I recently ate at St Francis. We were sitting at a table next to a couple who called over the waiter to let him know that there was a piece of plastic wrap on her order of the chicken. The waiter apologized & later a manager (not the owner) came over & apologized again & then gave them a complimentary desert. My husband had ordered the chicken before all of this occured. His chicken came out & was very disappointing. While the menu suggested it's cooked in their wood oven, it appear to have been cooked earler in the day & then reheated prior to serving. Hmmm, perhaps the plastic wrap on her dish was the covering when reheating the chicken. Very dissapointing. Perhaps they've gotten too busy to be able to cook fresh dishes in their wood oven as they advertise. If that's the case, take the dish off your menu instead of taking microwave shortcuts.... please...for what you charge for your chicken, microwave re-heating is just plain insulting to your customers.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Spokane WA
“Roasted Chicken to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were in Phoenix in April and our family still reminisces about the incredible Roasted chicken! We drove in from Sedona and needed a place to eat before we turned in. The place we originally chose was booked up due to First Friday so we asked them for a recommendation. They told us to try St. Francis. When we found the restaurant we were pleasantly surprised by the free valet parking. We were seated right away and the waitress promptly brought our water & drinks. I wasn't sure what to order and the waitress suggested the roasted chicken. She said it was hard to describe how good it was but I should try it. She was not kidding. I don't know how to describe it except I have never had such a mouth watering dish. The flavors exploded in your mouth! I wish I knew how to duplicate it so I could make it at home. Superb!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glendale, Arizona
“Good, but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Went with a friend for restaurant week. We tried the Pumpkin Soup and Parmesan Risotto for our first course. Both were awesome. For our second course we shared the Wood Roasted Pork Chop. This was good (not amazing), but the side dish of "potato salad" was pretty bland and boring. Finally we shared the Cheesecake in a Jar for dessert. This was pretty good and tasted like pumpkin pie, but was a little difficult to eat, as it was in a mason jar. Our server was very attentive. I would describe the atmosphere as casual, but trendy. I probably will not go back, just because it's a bit out of the way for me and it was not anything extraordinary.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glendale, Arizona
“A gem off Central Ave!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had been wanting to try this property for quite a while as I drive by often taking my son to school. So I was excited when plans came up to meet some dear college friends here for dinner & wine! we were not disappointed. The wine list was superb as were the apps & the main course--I had the salmon & quinoa which was amazing! We split two desserts so that we could try a chocolate & a fruit choice---both were delicious! It was too warm that evening to sit ourside, but I am hoping to return when the weather is cooler & take advantage of the patio.

• Visited August 2012