“My First choice for extended stay accommodations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Phoenix, AZ (Dunlap)

Save Saved
You added Value Place Phoenix, AZ (Dunlap) to your Saves list
Value Place Phoenix, AZ (Dunlap)
8808 N. Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85051 (North Mountain)   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Phoenix B&B and Inns
Arizona
“My First choice for extended stay accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I checked into the Value Place, Dunlap on Friday (August 31st, 2012) at a weekly rate of $191.00 and have had quite a pleasant stay here. It's secure, clean, and affordable. It's not perfect, but it's one of the best I've seen in the Phoenix area. If I am prompted to return to Phoenix in the future, this will be where I stay.

Room Tip: I smoke and the only smoking rooms are on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

William was very nice in showing us the different rooms available, and after seeing 3 other hotels we got this one because it was clean, safe and cheaper then any other chain. Considering no lease is required this is a pretty good value.

• Stayed July 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

The management on this Value Place cannot longer assure the 99 points daily cleaning on each room. More Housekeepers are need in it!!!!! In my case, I had to request to change the shower courtain, vacuum and steam clean the dirty carpet.
Visible smokers damages are found on the kitchen counter, bath tub, chairs, etc.. This damage should have been charged as an extra $500.00 costs to the occupant that ruined all this items. Such items should be replaced to maintan a presentable room for the next occupant.
There is a lot of harrasment made by men on women riding the elevator with unwelcome conversations. Managament has the responsability to resolve all his issues as soon as possible.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Phoenix, AZ (Dunlap), responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Las Cruces, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Very low cost accommodations. Good location. Room & grounds & common areas very clean. Noise does travel from next door rooms. Hey invest in a pair of earplugs if night time noise bothers you. One gits what one pay for. If silence is your goal; pass Value Place by & pay $100+/night for the Holiday Inn. Perhaps those in need of quiet & silence should ask for a room away from others. With 4 floors of rooms Value Place can probably accommodate your need.

This white customer found Will to be affable & accommodating.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Phoenix, AZ (Dunlap), responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed for a week in November. What a great value. Fraction of the cost of a traditional hotel. There is nothing sexy or plush about this place but it was very clean and gave you a safe feeling. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Phoenix, AZ (Dunlap), responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear Value Place Guest,

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

The ast manager will is very scary. We had noise problems, and he told me if i complained that i would be kicked out. He threatened me with no re-newing another week, raising my rate of my apt, and kicking us out. The walls are thin, you hear everything, If someone is long term they get preference. I have never seen such bad behavior from a manager. He even said if we call the police he would kick us out. The place is economical, clean, good price, but do not trust the management. Will was rude, arrogant, unprofessional, emotional, and very discrimatory, I am a white american, and he obviously was not happy with that. He was very dishonest, threatening, and cannot be trusted. The location is fine, room is fine, but expect zero customer service and if there is a problem, nothing will be done. with new managment it could be much better, GET rid of will and you will be better reviews...

Room Tip: do not get a room with someone above you, stay away from first floor all kids down there, get a room...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Phoenix, AZ (Dunlap), responded to this review, September 15, 2011

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

This is the first and last time I will stay at any Value Place (Hotel?). Traveling much of the year with my company, I prefer to stay with extended stay hotels. This was by far the worst choice of accomodations that I have ever made. Value Place is not at all a Value, as it is really a very cheaply constructed, sorry excuse for a hotel.
Upon Check-in, at 7pm on Wednesday December 9, 2009. We entered the Value Place Phoenix Dunlap and was greeted by a closed roll-up garage door which is saddest escuse for a hotel front desk that I have ever seen along with a phone hung on the wall asking you to dial 500 if you are entering later than 6pm as the front desk closes at that time. After entering, I was really wondering what I was getting myself into. I had already made the reservation online so I could not turn back as my credit card was charged.
As I was being checked in, I was told that the room that I had reserved online 8 hours prior was not ready. I was told that they would put me in a smaller room and I would be able to move the next day. I was then told that there is a $100.00 deposit which will be refunded after an inspection is done after check out. ( This place would blow away with a tornado if there was one! No bells and whistles at this place! Could get a better accomodations at the Budget Lodge Acrossed the street!). To check into this place, you need to sign a lease agreement. Also, they will charge you a $45.00 penalty is you do not give a written notice 24 hours before your check out to confirm your check out. (Hello, Isn't this the reason you have an arrival and departure date when making reservations? What hotels do this? Exactly, this is not a hotel!!)
Okay, so the reservation was made so I had to stay as they were going to charge me for the week that my reservation was made for. I was placed on the 3rd floor. There are a total of 4 floors to this hotel. Walking into my room, I find soiled sheets on the Partially Painted Partical Board they so call a bed( Im sorry, but this is not a bed, I would be more comfortable on a jail cot . I called the front desk for new sheets and re- made the bed myself.
Airconditioners? What airconditioners? The unit that sits in the wall and only will go down to 78 degrees. However, the thermostat says it will go down to 60 degrees. I called the front desk the next morning to see if they could send maintenance to check it out as he did, but he told me that the unit was factory set to not go lower than 78 degrees along with the comment "Welcome to Value Place". Apparently this is another hidden way that VAlue place cuts costs, and making guests more uncomfortable. Come on, Value Place!!
The noise in this place is herrendous. I called the front desk to see if he could check it out but it did no good. The noise continued the entire stay. Also, be sure to take your own toilet tissue, as you are only given 1. After asking for another roll, I was told that the first one was complimentary. I had to go to the grocery store to buy some for myself (Very Hospitable Value Place!).
The public areas in this facility are scoured with cigarette butts and reak of smoke. Cameras in every nook and cranny and motion sensors in your room make you feel as you are a prisoner within the confine of this hotel. Security is a good thing, but this is overkill. I have never been in a hotel that makes me feel so uncomfortable. Also, 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor Stairwell doors only open half way and do not open completely. This is not in compliance with fire code.
I urge you not to stay at Value Place. This Value Place is only 9 months old, but DO NOT let it fool you! This place is definately the worst place I have ever stayed, and I will never stay at any of this brand of hotel ever again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Value Place Phoenix, AZ (Dunlap)? Share your experiences!