“Above average” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Boise
“Above average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I'm not a big fan of Hilton but this location is ideal! It is very close to the airport (about 20min) and well suited for business or pleasure. This is a newer hotel and very clean and accommodating. I highly recommend this location. The rooms are spacious, clean, with a kitchenette. The hotel is versatile too, you can have more than one bedroom per unit if needed. The atmosphere is up to date and the staff is very helpful. Parking is free.

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fishkill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while travelling on business in Phoenix. The hotel was suggested as it was convenient to the work locations I was visiting and I was very pleased with my stay. The facility itself is very well kept and my room was spotless. The front desk staff were very friendly and extraordinarily helpful. The hotel's shuttle and driver were a delightful surprise and I was able to avoid a number of cab fares due to this.
Breakfast was excellent with a wide range of options and the cooks weren't simply throwing runny scrambled eggs at you. Quality was good and both mornings of my stay offered some creativity. I did not partake of the complimentary weekday evening meal but others of my party who did were quite impressed. Clean, affordable and friendly. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here for two weeks during a recent business trip to the area and was thoroughly impressed with the facilities, and the amenities. Breakfasts in the morning were decent. Certainly plenty of options with regards to both healthy and standard egg and toast type breakfast. I cannot speak to the dinners as I chose to take advantage of the kitchen in my room - I did however enjoy a few cold beers which was quite nice. The kitchen in my room (as well as the other rooms - I was told by a staff member) do not have measuring cups among a few other kitchen essentials. It wasn't too big of a deal as the wonderful woman (she was a doll and good at her job) who works evenings preparing and serving dinner lent me the hotel kitchen's measuring cup so I could make my rice. The maid service was quite consistent as well, minus the fact that they forgot to replace my kitchen towels and rags; once again, no big deal as I was able to simply use an extra set from the bathroom. Also, I had to ask for additional ice bags for the ice bucket they provide.

My one gripe, which I was surprised no one else mentioned - THE WIRELESS INTERNET IS DREADFULLY SLOW. It literally caused nearly all my apps on my tablet to time out (due to the poor bandwidth?) Additionally, it made updating my work systems on my laptop impossible. Not terribly friendly for anyone who would like to get work done from their room.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel to others and would not mind returning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
heathergarno, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix Airport South, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for your recommendation and kind words in your review of your recent stay with us in Phoenix; your comments and suggestions are appreciated. I apologize that the internet access was of concern. We have contacted our internet provider to troubleshoot any problems, in order to offer better service in the future. If you plan to travel to the area again in the future, please consider staying with us.

Warm Regards,
Heather L. Garno
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed at Homewood Suites Phoenix Airport South for one night in July 2012. The hotel is easy to find, just off I-10.

I checked in on a quiet Saturday afternoon. The check-in was quick but quite unenthusiastic -- even for commonly unenthusiastic Finnish standards. The hotel is still pretty new, and everything seems to be in good shape.

My room was standard Homewood fare, spacious and nice. Everything was clean and in good shape.

Except for the guest laundry I did not use any of the hotel facilities, so no comments about them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I just completed a one-night stay here and was sorry that I could not stay longer. The reservations process was efficient and completed in a friendly manner. I received a gracious welcome when I checked in. I was given a king suite on the top floor in response to my request for it. The hotel seemed to be clean and in very good condition except for the fact that that the telephones would not work in my suite.

My first priority is a good night's sleep and I certainly got that at this hotel. Also the wine at happy hour seemed to be pretty decent, unlike the "gasohol" I have encountered at some other hotels' happy hours. The breakfast was, in my opinion, as dismal as I have come to expect from Hilton, Marriott and Holiday Inn hotels that provide a "free breakfast". The "eggs" were the packaged "omelettes" with something like cheese whiz in the middle that one sometimes finds at Hamptons and Homewoods. I anticipated the breakfast problem and bought breakfast ingredients that I cooked in my suite to my satisfaction.

I would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
seattle, wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

What a great experience!! The free shuttle picked us up at the airport. The shuttle drivers are terrific! Complimentary hot breakfast with big variety--something for everyone. Complimentary dinner (and it is delicious!) four nights a week. Clean, spacious room! The staff could not have been more helpful! We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sauk Village, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Homewood Suites are like your home away from home. The Phoenix Airport location takes it to the umpteenth level with quality. As soon as we pulled up to the front door, I knew this hotel would surpass my expectations. When I actually walked through the front door I knew I would enjoy my stay.

The hotel lobby is modern, exceptionally clean and very bright. It is absolutely beautiful. The front desk staff was very friendly. He greeted us with a smile and excitement as if he had been anticipating our arrival. In record time we were checked in and given our keys to suite 345.

As we walked the corridor to the elevator I could not help but notice the well equipped business center and the fitness center. However, the best part was entering our actual suite. High end quality!!!. Our adult family of four were extremely comfortable in our 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. The bedroom, where my sons slept, had 2 queen beds and 1 bathroom. Our bedroom had 1 king bed and a bathroom. The common area had a livingroom and kitchen.

Every detail and amenity of our suite was comfortable, clean and believe it or not necessary. After the long desert heat drive from our 1st vacation spot of San Diego to our 2nd destination of Phoenix, we were so in need of comfort. The Homewood Suites Phoenix Airport location gave us just what we needed. My sons refused to go out to dinner with us, on the evening we arrived, because they wanted to stay in the comforts of our hotel suite. As another reviewer stated "the pool is fabulous". The way it is designed makes you feel as though you are on an island with a cabana.

Let me not forget to address the convenient location. This hotel is right off of I-10. It is about 2 exits away from the PHX Sky Harbor airport heading west. Shopping at the Phoenix Mills mall is also extremely close, right off of I-10 heading east. There are plenty of nearby restaurants in every direction.

In summary I give this location a BIG THUMBS UP!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix Airport South? Share your experiences!