“Feels like in Tokyo!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hana Sushi

Hana Sushi
602 W Union Hills Dr #3, Phoenix, AZ 85027 (Deer Valley)
(623) 869-7455
Neighborhood: Deer Valley
Hong Kong, China
“Feels like in Tokyo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

we are a French couple living in Asia for many years now. My family is living in Phoenix and they took us for a dinner there. What a nice surprise!

The chef is Japanese and he bowed to us when we left, in the Japanese way. felt so familiar and pleasant.

The quality of the food was great, and Im saying this after trying all kind of asian food in my life and particularly japanese. We have ordered a bit of everything and all tasted great! Although the chef has added some mayo to some of the rolls (funny, in Japan never seen any ...), it was still very japanese.
The presentation of the platters was really interesting and the specials were perfect.
You can bring your own wine without corkage fee so the chilled Sancerre we brought was ideal for the dinner.

only small downside, it was a bit noisy. I guess this is beacuse all the tables are close, in one main room and after a couple of sake shots everybody is loud. Japanese would be the same, but in a private small rooms, sitting on a tatami floor :)

Can't wait to go back there during our next holiday in Phoenix.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“Good, but would like to see more creativity/variety.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011 via mobile

Went early on a weekday. No one else in the restaurant so service was good. Got the lunch special which I do recommend because it is a lot of food for under 8 bucks. I also ordered a dragon roll and smoked salmon sushi. The server brought me out a small salad before my sushi was finished. I liked the dressing. It was a bit sweet, with a mayonnaise base, maybe a hint of ginger. The eel on my dragon roll had quite a few bones, but other wise it was all OK. I think I would prefer to go to Mr sushi simply because of their variety.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paradise Valley, AZ
“I love to get sushi to go from here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

Their Hana roll is good! The meat portions they give are excellent.
I have never eaten in the place but my orders are generally ready when I get there.
They are closed on Sundays and Mondays as far as I know.
The salmon sashimi is gooood.

• 5 of 5 stars Food